Plymouth Sack Manager Peter Reid.

Can Plymouth even afford to sack him? :/

I remember in July we sacked two players, and didn't give them any compensation. Looks as though the Administration process has made sure we don't pay compensation, and Peter Ridsdale has acted quickly before the takeover is done.

Knowing what he's done for the club, probably didn't bother with any compensation because of the plight of the club.

I'd take compensation if they did that to me after everything I'd done for them. How are they supposed to find a manager that will take little pay. If they can't afford to pay the manager or the players for so long, how can they pay a new manager, never mind compensation if they take another club's.

I'd take compensation if they did that to me after everything I'd done for them. How are they supposed to find a manager that will take little pay. If they can't afford to pay the manager or the players for so long, how can they pay a new manager, never mind compensation if they take another club's.

Think he cares more the club and players than the board. He will be seething, but he's probably seen people suffer enough and just said to keep it. He is pretty much a top bloke.

Edit-didn't see Giggles post. beaten to it lol

Peter Reid isn't that type of person. He's never used the clubs financial problems as an excuse, and he would try and kick us in the balls like that. At the end of the day, that would be punishing the fans, for a cunty chairman.

Sorry, but I don't see the Anti-Reid bandwagon. For the past 9 months or so, he's not been managing a normal football club, he's been managing a sinking ship. You can't expect results from a football team that has an average age of about 21, and not been given a full wage packet in 2011. The financial uncertaintity is clearly taking its toll on the the players- The reason why Carl Fletcher was sent off yesterday, the frustration from the past year, just all went out. He's tried playing some good football this season, and last season, like I said in the OP- We went 3 points off the playoffs, but when the core of the team is ripped out in such a way, and the future of the club is put in doubt that will always be on the players minds.

At the end of the day, this isn't Reid's fault- He's tried approaching god knows how many players, but they don't want to work for free, when they could some money elsewhere. If we had given Peter Reid some time, give the players some wages, saved the club- Then I feel their would be a surge on the pitch, and results would get better. Just because we were in the Championship a couple years ago, gives us no right to expect results in League Two. It wouldn't suprise if we have the worst team in this division, and it will be highlighted when someone like Paul Hart takes us into the Conference. Reid's not past it, he was never given a fair chance here...

Luckily for you it won't be Paul Hart, as he is our newly appointed academy coach :)

Anyway though I agree with this, TBH Reid has had no room for manoeuvre and didn't really have a prayer last year. Despite everything that was going on he achieved some good results at the beginning of the season. He had no control over the financial problems/ non paid wages/ points deduction etc.

Don't know too much about your squad this season so I can't really assess the league position, but it's clear to everyone that Plymouth have lost some important players. Fallon, for his faults, is experienced and talented at that level, as well as Mason and Bolasie. He is having to work with what essentially is a makeshift team. IMO you can't really blame Reid, but having said that a new manager could have a positive impact on the team.

Hopefully the off field problems will be sorted soon, as IMO that will be a huge weight off the shoulders of the players and staff. If that happens and they start getting properly payed again sooner rather than later, I could see Plymouth putting some results together.

Not a successful record to say the least, so sacking not entirely unexpected, then again he did have his hands full with everything else. Plus just read that he sold his FA cup medal to help pay staff which earns him plenty of credit despite everything, results-based business or not. Better start preparing for AFC Plymouth with Ridsdale in charge though, more of a failure at his job than Reid could be at his

Not a successful record to say the least, so sacking not entirely unexpected, then again he did have his hands full with everything else. Plus just read that he sold his FA cup medal to help pay staff which earns him plenty of credit despite everything, results-based business or not. Better start preparing for AFC Plymouth with Ridsdale in charge though, more of a failure at his job than Reid could be at his

Sigh. The type of statement that is not only annoying, but very downgrading.

League Managers Association - Proud to say Peter Reid managed this club, what a gentleman.