lillywhite

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've had a really good save so far with North End winning League 1 easily and currently sitting 2nd in Championship in my first season in the division.

I do have a few decent players, but most are performing well above standard, so I thought I'd share this tactic to see if anyone else has any success!

it's a 4-4-1-1 formation as below;

GK
RB CB CB RB
RM CM CM LM
AM
ST

Player roles below;

GK
FB(S) CD(D) CD(D) FB(S)
W(S) RP(S) CM(S) W(S)
AP(A)
P(A)

Team instructions;
Mentality: STANDARD (never changed this!)
Team Shape: Flexibile
Instructions:
Retain Poss
Play Out Of Defence
Whipped Crosses
Look For Overlap
Higher Tempo

I know this is a very simple tactic! but it's working for me so far! Hope it works for you guys,

Cheers!
Higham

That's similar to my successful tactic, except instead of an AMC I use a deep forward. 4-4-2 and 4-4-1-1 seem to be quite defensively stable, and attacking with them is good too. That's nice, because FM14 seemed to think you should have been drowned at birth if you played a second man up front.

Exactly mate... I don't think I ever used anything but a line false 9 on FM14... Don't think I ever used an Attacking mid!

Hopefully it's not just the Beta Version making me look good! Haha, but I am liking this years!

download link?
OI? Team Traning?
Match Prepation?

Last edited:
download link?
OI? Team Traning?
Match Prepation?

****** ****! You can't please some people!
Only kidding... I'll stick the download on tonight.

team training wise, I always stick to 50/50 and tactics until the team are fluid, then a few week fitness (both at HIGH). Then I reduce the math prep and stick to balanced, unless I feel I need to change for a big game.

Match prep I do the same, tactics until they are fluid, then I lower it and change according to the game (a good tactical scout helps with that).

you'll have to tell me what OI means!?

hope that helps!

Just a quick update... After downloading the full version, I'm 1st in the Championship with 3 games to go! So I think it's working for me!