ccd20

Reaction score
I really want a reliable poaching goal machine to play up top with Suarez and take the goalscoring burden off him, much like Liverpool need IRL. So I've been scouting players based on the attributes necessary for a poacher, and I've narrowed it down to a few options.

Ideally I'd sign Higuain, Falcao, or Javier Hernandez but those three don't want to join (higuain because he's at Real, and the other two because they've just joined new clubs, among other reasons).

So I've narrowed it down to two realistic options:

1. Giuseppe Rossi (Villareal) - Price: 30m approx
2. Seydou Doumbia - Price: 17m approx

My big issue is, I need help weighing up the pro's and con's - which is where you guys come in:

If I sign Rossi:
I can't replace Kuyt or Skrtel who I sold to fundraise for the new striker, because of his price. Which will leave me with just Bellamy, Downing, Maxi and Henderson for the wide spots, and just Carra/Agger/Coates/Wilson at CB. But Rossi seems top class. Has anyone played with him and had any really good/bad experiences??
If I sign Doumbia:
I can sign Subotic or another CB for approx 11m, and another wide player for approx 10-15m also, which would give me a much more rounded squad. Has anyone played with Doumbia and had any success/failures with him??

Sorry for the long opening post!

Cheers.

Doumbia is a good player and I would reccommend him, however I think there are better options. My main piece of advice is get Kyriakos Papadopoulos instead of Subotic, the kid is amazing! pacey too! He's usually around the 5-12mil mark.

In terms of striker I would stick to Doumbia or someone similar (considered trusting a young player like Mbaye Niang? he develops crazy fast even with computer-managed teams) and I would take a look at Marco Reus for wing support, especially if you play inside forwards, cause he's pure class.

Moussa Sow might be a player to take a look at for poacher, or possibly Lucas Barrios?

Leigh Griffths or Doumbia.. Yarmalenko is usually an ace left inside forward for me at about 8-10m as well.

You could probably pick up Saviola cheaply (think 3m), if you want to spend some on a defender.

Porb pick up vagner love from spartak pretty cheap as well, he's usually quick and worth 20 goals ish.. or oscar crodoba from befica to.

I got Jan Vertonghen for around £7m and he's been playing really well in pair with Coates. So that should leave you a bit more to spend on a poacher.
But I also got Darwin Quintero for around £2m and he's been scoring quite a bit for me when he's been given a chance.
There's probably alot better poachers out there though.

Last edited:
I think your best bet out of the two strikers is Doumbia. That guy is a beast.

Thanks for all the advice!

In the end I went with Doumbia. Sterling101 I didn't see your post about Papadopolous until after I bought a CB, but I'll keep my eye on him for the future!

These were my transfers:

OUT:
Skrtel - Wolfsburg - £8.5m
Kuyt - Tottenham - £10.5m
Maxi - Olympique Lyonnais - £4.5m
Brad Jones - Released on Free (to get off wage bill)

IN:
Seydou Doumbia - £17m
Mats Hummels - £25.5m
Christian Eriksen - £8.25m
Sven Bender - £6.5m

Thought I did pretty well in the end. Cheers for all the advice!

Last edited:
That's a sweet deal on Eriksen. He has huge potential.

That's a sweet deal on Eriksen. He has huge potential.

Can he be developed into a world-class player? He's quality IRL but I've never checked his PA in football manager

I bought Doumbia in this season. Well even I tought him place shots into net he is big chance burner! E.g. he made 4 goals in his 2nd match and then he is 3 matches without goal but I think he is good buy.