bigmattb28

Reaction score
In LLM, which role would suit being paired with a target man more? Obviously both are on attack so the target man should be support unless we're losing and need a goal.

In LLM, which role would suit being paired with a target man more? Obviously both are on attack so the target man should be support unless we're losing and need a goal.
Both would suit. It will depend on who you have.

Target Man_Support & Advanced Forward_Attack can work well. The AF will get caught offside so much it hurts, but if he's any good he'll also score some goals. Obviously, pace and accurate finishing are important in that role.

I like a False-9_Support & Target Man_Support together upfront, with an Advanced Forward on the bench. The F-9 drops into the No.10 area and - if he's good at long range passes - can get the ball out wide or play throughballs for his strike partner. Zach Clough has done wonders for me in my Championship Play-Off winning AFC Bournemouth side - 22 goals and 15 assists.

Put your more advanced striker on whichever side of the front two corresponds to his strongest foot; right-footers on the right or left footers on the left. I experimented with this on FM14 and it does make a difference to their finishing ability. In my MC line, I use an Advanced Playmaker_Support with instructions to Switch the Ball to Opposite Flank and to play More Direct Passes. He can thread the ball through the opposition centre backs to put the most advanced striker through on goal.

Target Man_Support & Advanced Forward_Attack can work well. The AF will get caught offside so much it hurts, but if he's any good he'll also score some goals. Obviously, pace and accurate finishing are important in that role.

I like a False-9_Support & Target Man_Support together upfront, with an Advanced Forward on the bench. The F-9 drops into the No.10 area and - if he's good at long range passes - can get the ball out wide or play throughballs for his strike partner. Zach Clough has done wonders for me in my Championship Play-Off winning AFC Bournemouth side - 22 goals and 15 assists.

Put your more advanced striker on whichever side of the front two corresponds to his strongest foot; right-footers on the right or left footers on the left. I experimented with this on FM14 and it does make a difference to their finishing ability. In my MC line, I use an Advanced Playmaker_Support with instructions to Switch the Ball to Opposite Flank and to play More Direct Passes. He can thread the ball through the opposition centre backs to put the most advanced striker through on goal.

With the advanced forward, don't they have dribble more as a default instruction? Only thinking that my strikers can't dribble much so thought poacher may be better?

With the advanced forward, don't they have dribble more as a default instruction? Only thinking that my strikers can't dribble much so thought poacher may be better?

That's true - dribbling is a default for the Advanced Forward but not for the Poacher. I've just read the in-game description of the Poacher role. He doesn't get involved in the build-up play very often, so he's just there to score goals. That's OK if he is a good finisher and well-suited to the role. If not, though, the rest of the team are going to be carrying him because he won't contribute much else.