Poacher's run with ball as often is logical? I dont think so.

what does he have already?

what is it that you actually want to know pal? you have been very negative to everyone especially me who is actually just trying to help you :)

sorry pal, i just really want to know an example instruction for a real poacher, such as Inzaghi, RvN.

just because i dont angre run with ball should be often for a poacher, for example, Advanced Foward should run with ball often, but poacher should only focus on shooting, imo only, no offense!

Someone on here wrote once, what's better than a poacher? A poacher with pace.

Your classic poachers are van nisterlroy, Hunterlaar etc. Your poachers with pace are Michael Owen 5 years back, and Jermaine Defoe

ok well then set the position to Poacher, then drop down the "run with ball" PI to sometimes....

it depends what type of striker you have, I use Lucas Gaucho, he is a big strong guy (not your traditonal "poacher") but I have him running with the ball and moving into channels :)

here are some good PPM suggestions for any Poacher:

1) attack through centre
2) plays 1 two's (if playing with a striker upfront, preferably a Target Man)
3) place shots in corner
4) beat offside trap
5) go around keeper
6) lob keeper when 1 on 1
7) play a simple passing game

of course he cant learn them all, but a mixture of those will be a good start!

PI instructions:

1) attacking 3/4 full
2) creativity 1/4 (low)
3) passing (short)
4) tackling (medium)
5) closing down (whole pitch 3/4 full)
6) runs from deep (often)
7) run with ball (sometimes)
8) long shots (never)
9) through balls (sometimes)
10) cross ball (sometimes)

cross from - byline
cross aim - mixed
wide play - moves into channels
no swapping postion
hold up ball - no
roam from position - yes

or you can use the other way of wide play - normal and roam from position - no as well....

hows that?

when michael owen was in his hey day back at liverpool he was a proper poacher. he always ran with the ball for liverpool and england

a poacher is someone who goes missing and just pops up in the right place to run at goal. they have to be fast with good finishing. they dont need to be good at dribbling or setting up others

I was use this PI for 2 seasons and I think I got a 'goosebump' poacher.

IntervBariInter__Tactics.png

DiegoMilitoProfile_Attributes.png

look at his overall status. I think he still had quality at his last stage career. not a pacey striker but still good with composure and his finishing

here is our last match :
IntervCagliariInformation_Overview.png

Quick question as the talk is of poachers:

I'm using sergio arujo as a poacher and I've taught him a few ppm's,
Cuts inside
Run with ball through centre
Places shots
Dribble around the keeper

But every time I suggest that he tries to beat the offside trap he won't do it, (apparently it won't help his game, f**kin idiot doesn't know what's good for him! :) )

Anyway my question is, is there any way to get him to learn that ppm? If I keep asking will he do it eventually?
It would really help because he is quite pacey.
Cheers!

Last edited:

Cuts inside
Places shots

But every time I suggest that he tries to beat the offside trap he won't do it, (apparently it won't help his game, f**kin idiot doesn't know what's good for him! :) )

Anyway my question is, is there any way to get him to learn that ppm? If I keep asking will he do it eventually?
Cheers!

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

Cuts inside
Places shots

Cheers!

I think PPMs depend on player attribute, you can't teach him try to long shot if you dont have enough long shots point. Its just my opinion bud.

I dont understand why Poacher's run with ball is often in fm, I dont see any poacher is always run with the ball.

Do u see Raul run with ball always even when he was young?

you should also notice that poacher's creative freedom is relatively low, this means he doesn't dwell on ball too much, he should run with the ball when facing a single defender, but when there are a **** lot of opposition players in front of him, him won't try to make the run.

Cuts inside
Places shots

Cheers!
he feels that this would not help his game, the only way for him to possibly learn that is tutoring him by someone who has it and he may just pick it up :) he has quite a few PPM's already however, but he should be able to learn one more :) just keep on trying, who knows, you may just do enough to persuade him :)

sorry batman i stole your upcoming tactic that your releasing!!! :'(

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

oops wrong thread

I was use this PI for 2 seasons and I think I got a 'goosebump' poacher.

IntervBariInter__Tactics.png

DiegoMilitoProfile_Attributes.png

look at his overall status. I think he still had quality at his last stage career. not a pacey striker but still good with composure and his finishing

here is our last match :
IntervCagliariInformation_Overview.png

why run from deep is rarely?

why run from deep is rarely?

Because for me, poacher is someone who push the defensive line and score 2-4 meters from goal. That will make your opposite CB to mark him and leave a gap to my midfielder.