Pokemon Discord Server - Pokécord

Danny

Premium
Reaction score
Hi,

So, I've come across this bot for Discord called Pokécord, and if you like/enjoy Pokemon, it's pretty cool! Going to try explain how it works.. And see if anyone is interested in joining.. From how it seems to work, when myself and my step-brother tested it on a random server, we reckon 20/40 people in the server would be ideal (we think) maybe more would work too, I guess it all depends on interest in it.

So you start by picking a starter Pokemon from these..

View attachment 35533

Once you've selected one, each message you sent (there is a timer, so you can't just spam) gains XP for your Pokemon, so the more active you are the faster you level up your Pokemon. It learns new moves, can evolve etc.

Then, randomly during chats/messages, a wild Pokemon appears!

View attachment 35532

Be the first person to type "p.catch <the pokemons name> to catch it, only one user can catch the Pokemon.. And it'll be a random level. There are 857 Pokemon to catch, from all Generations, there is Mega evolution's and shiny Pokemon, too.

You can also earn credits, with these you can buy:

XP Boosters
Rare Candies
Rare Stones
Evolution Items
Nature Modifiers
Held Items
Mega Evolutions

You can catch the same Pokemon multiple times (they'll be different levels) and you can trade Pokemon/Credits with other users.

You can also challenge users to a duel, and gain more XP/Credits, and maybe battle for Pokemon etc.

View attachment 35531

We could use the Discord for general chat, football related chat, anything, and the Pokemon will just appear randomly, then we all race to catch them.

I could possibly set-up a ranking system for the users, too. The more active you are, the higher role you get on the server, which could give you access to other stuff, but I'd need to work that out and see what would work.

Here is a link to the bot, if you need more info: https://www.pokecord.com/

If this interests you, and you think it'd be something you think you'd enjoy/wanna be apart of, leave a comment below or private message me on here.. If it gains enough interest, I'll set up the server and invite everyone!

Going to gather interest for this over the next 48 hours, and Thursday providing we have enough interest, the server will fully be set up and working on Thursday!

Had a few say they'd join if I set it up - Looking for a few more before I consider it!