Polyglot - no need for dictionaries

alcool22

Reaction score
I thought about a crazy challenge to begin with, but apparently almost everything was allready concurred by somebody else.
We have people on this forum who began with clubs of the 10Th tier and got them to european domination, we have people who won trophies in 3 or more different countries.
I, myself won UCL with Rotherham United (coca cola league 2) in 8 seasons, I guess no challenge is good enough for me. I wanted to do something new, something nobody tried before.
And i last i found it :)

My goal is to become a master in no less then 10 languages.
I will load a small database with 10 playable countries (hope my PC agrees with that :D) and start randomly . As soon as i mastered that country's language, i will leave in another country with the first offer that comes along. I'll be a journeyman coach :D with my own personal agenda, starting with a sunday league player experience and growing on it untill hopefully i achieve world recognition.
I recon that it will take me 2 - 4 years to learn a new language, and in that time i will try to win trophies. But i won't be focused on winning trophies as much as learning the new language. Once i mastered the language, i'll leave the club even if i am 2 games away from winning a trophy :)

The game starts tonight, and you will probably have to wait for the first update for a few days.

Will anybody follow this or should i try to keep it for myself? :p

Last edited:
he said would any1 follow and i was being honest. im not gunna say i will then not follow

Sounds fun... One of my previous best-of careers, I had mastered 5 languages. But I usually start speaking 2.
Good luck. Will follow

And this is where it all starts... I selected 20 leagues in 10 countries with a small database.
Really hope my PC lives up to the challenge and the game runs resonable so i won't be obliged to quit even before i even start :mad:

View attachment 79540

For some reason, i couldn't select sunday league footballer as a past experience, but semi pro would do just fine :)

View attachment 79541

And the odds chose Chievo Verona as the first lucky club to have me for a couple of years. I found no reason to start unemployed and wait for God knows how much time before i get a job so i asked the game to pick a league and a club for me...

View attachment 79542

A background of my new club :

View attachment 79543

And of course the surprised journalists :)

View attachment 79544

Don't want to misslead the people that read this... I work 8 hours a day and spend another 3 hours on the road. So updates on this story, won't probably come as often as other managers used you.
However if you have patience, you should find quite an interesting story envieling before your eyes :p

First update should come tomorow night, i hope.
Have a nice evening!

good luck, I like the idea

he said would any1 follow and i was being honest. im not gunna say i will then not follow

i appreciate the honesty.
i'll make it my personal goal to create a good story, and then you'll have no choice but to follow :p

So, as you allready know i took over Chivo Verona in Serie A Italy.
Media predicts us 18Th (at least we' re not dead last :) )
I have a very large squad. 26 players(and this after i bannished 5 or 6 players to the reserve squad), so i should be covered in the worst case scenario sittuation of injuries. Unfortunatelly i have no stars in my team, but that is understandable given the fact the team just promoted from the second division.
It's good that i have such a large squad because my transfer budget is only 500k

These players i would say stand out from the rest:

First of all, the 2 strikers:
View attachment 80735 View attachment 80736

Sergio Pellissier would be a star if he was 5 years younger i recon. Erjon Bogdani on the other hand isn't that good of a player, but fits perfectly my playing style. I always play with a target man upfront, and as i don't have the money for Crouch or Djeko, Bogdani would do the trick just fine :) He has good jumping, strenght, heading and positioning which makes him perfect for a target man position (He doesn't really have anything else, but as i said i don't have money for anything better)

A loanee midlefielder from Udinese:

View attachment 80738

Not brilliant, but good...

And a veteran defender, Mario Yepes. Really hope he'll keep his physical stats up during the next 2 seasons

View attachment 80737

As you can see, these couple of players aren't le creme de la creme, so you can imagine how things stand with the rest of the squad, if these are the ones that stood out :)

The chairman set me the logical target which is " bravely fight against rellegation". I got gready however for a few extra bucks for the weekly budget and chose "mid table finish".
I am allready sorry, but i hope i can attract a few good players on the free transfer market and save faces with my new boss and the supporters.

TRANSFER UPDATES COMMING UP SHORTLY. STAY TUNED :)

JUNE&JULY 2010 UPDATES.

My first press conference... Of course, the first question was how am i gonna cope with my new team given the fact that it don't speak Italian. Answered that "football is an universal language"

Had to do something on the transfer market and had to do it fast. So i up and sold a player that had the "Wnt" tag upon him. Got 3.7 million on a really fringe player, but the gready board gave me only 25% of the sale back as pocket money...
View attachment 80778

Had a 1.2 Mil budget now and started looking for prospects.

I first signed this guy for free:

View attachment 80777

Marrocan guy. Very good stats for a defender. But he is a MC. Put him in the reserve squad and told him to learn how to play as a CB. I recon, when he learns how to do that, i should get lots of money for him after i play him a few times in his new position.

And then :) The first shocker of a transfer... Check it out:

View attachment 80781

Signed him for free. Valued at 5 mil at 31 years, which is more than double then any other guy in my squad. If things go well and i won't be threatenned with relegation, i plan to sell this guy in the winter and make a huge profit.
Should do a perfect couple with Yepes in the begining of the season.

3rd free transfer was to replace the guy i sold:
View attachment 80785

much better then the guy i sold, and the most important... He was for free :)

4th transfer was another shocker. Brazilian grandpa' at almost 38 with awsome technical and mental stats. Low physical stats, but if those were higher too, he wouldn't have this low price tag (575k)
View attachment 80783

He should be a killer at long shots and free kicks as well as corners.

5th transfer of the month was a DR. Didn't have any natural player in this position so i had to say good bye to another 525k
View attachment 80779

Had a few other transfer attemps but they ended up choosing higher reputation teams

Still looking for bargains, but good players are very hard to find especially when you don't have any money.

Tomorow night i hope to post the August pre season update and hopefully a few more transfers.
The only thing i am worried about right now is team chemistry. I have to many players, and i might have to let a few of them go so that they don't fight over first team places.

Have a good evening!

Really good, original idea. I'll follow closely, good luck!

Thanks!

Forgot to upload this picture:
View attachment 80814

Manager Andrei Bichis, only knows how to curse his players (only when they play baddly) in Romanian :)
Still trying to make some sense of this Italian riddle of a language :p