Pompey hope loan will pay wages

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 1K
I see what you are saying but they probably have a million or so packed away in the account. (ones on higher wages) I can understand youth players who live on their own but not the players on higher wages.

I reckon that's a pretty big assumption Chris, there are quite a lot of top players that have struggled financially after their time in the game. Believe me, if you've got it you spend it - perhaps some have been wasteful true, but then again if they budget against their wages and those wages aren't paid what do you do?

The club is to blame here, not the players and they need to do something about it soon!

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

I see what you;re saying Dan but at the end of the day these lads could be a ******* lot worse off lol.

True Deano, but all things are relative... if you only earn £500 a month and don't get paid it could be argued that you are still a lot better off than somebody without a job... if you are without a job in the uk, then you have the welfare state, and it can be argued that you are a lot better off than someone in poverty in the 3rd world?

O'Hara deserves 100% respect. Spurs pay his wages, and he gives more in matches than anyone else, maybe par Boateng. Everyone tries hard, Piquionne is beginning to look like a new Benjani (Who I'd love to have back!!), which is a good sign, he gives defenders more phyisical problems now and Avram is getting the best out of him. We need to start Kanu and Utaka. Everytime Kanu comes on, he does a magical pass, or just something overall amazing. He's a class player to start in a relegation battle, and Utaka is an explosive player, exactly what you need when your mostly defending for games and trying to counter. Sadly Avram can't see that and started with Mokoena and Hughes in midfield against Arsenal and left ****** Brown on the bench :@

I agree Kanu has rolled back the years and Piquionne is a class act. Not so sure about Boateng, he is very talented but way too inconsistent. For me one of the worst performers is Michael Brown... can't tackle, can't pass, can't shoot... taxi for Brown!!! (6)

I agree Kanu has rolled back the years and Piquionne is a class act. Not so sure about Boateng, he is very talented but way too inconsistent. For me one of the worst performers is Michael Brown... can't tackle, can't pass, can't shoot... taxi for Brown!!! (6)
Lol, I love Boateng :wub: I think he's consistent enough tbh, he gives 100% every game and I can't recall one game where he has played and not made an impact. He was class against Liverpool, made an instant impact when he came on again West Ham by causing problems and getting a shot in, was unlucky against Stoke with that awful penalty but didn't play badly. Took his penalty well against United and played well, and played well vs Burnley and should of taken the penalty instead of dip **** Dindane :P

I think Brown is a great player to have. He hassles midfielders and is what we needed in the midfield vs Arsenal, to hassle young players like Song and Ramsey who might of made mistakes under pressure, but we didn't do that with Hughes and Mokoena, they just sat back and tried to anticipate through balls but you CANNOT do that against Arsenal, it's suicidal.

I agree Brown hassles but when he actually wins the ball (which is no where near often enough) he hasn't got a clue! "Think of a game where Boateng hasn't made an impact?" you say... just look at the highlights from yesterday's FA cup! For instance try and pick out one deadball that landed anywhere near it's intended target?!

I didn't watch yesterdays game, but he did score the equaliser (A)

Boateng was class yesterday. He ruled the show and has shown what a valuable asset he is to Pompey.

I didn't watch yesterdays game, but he did score the equaliser (A)

You got me there! lol

I was at the game, we were poor mate. :'(

You know that I am resigned to us going down and that doesn't really bother me (we have had a great time in the top league and after all it wasn't that long ago that I was watching us escaping relegation to League One by a point so I'll take that!), but I do wish the club would be more honest about what's going on.

(That and stop playing Marc Wilson!! lol) ;)

If you do go down I reckon you'll go straight back up again. I don't think you'll have the best squad in the league but you might go up through the playoffs. (Hope you don't go down though!)

Back