Pompey permitted to sell players

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 1K
County are in admin and took the deduction last year but we aren't allowed to sell players Scott :P

County are in admin and took the deduction last year but we aren't allowed to sell players Scott :P
It's different tbh, we have more debt but players we can sell for good money.

Stockport had good players but sold them both for low fee's.

I know we sold all of our best players, I'm not arguing it would save us just the principle that if one team can why can't every team?

Sorry Josh, the FA makes there rules about signing, hence why there allowed to loan outside the transfer window.

The premier league makes the rules for the Premier league clubs, Hence why there allowing them too.

Wooh! Rafa snap up Danny Webber! -.-
I think Belhadj,Boateng,James perhaps, but i can't think of many more who'll leave TBH.

Meh fair enough, but I still think that every team should be able to now, what if a Pompey player goes to say West Ham and scores 20 goals in very game until the remainder of the season resulting in them avoiding relegation due to an advantage only one team were allowed.

I know it's a stupid example but you understand the principle I mean.

Meh fair enough, but I still think that every team should be able to now, what if a Pompey player goes to say West Ham and scores 20 goals in very game until the remainder of the season resulting in them avoiding relegation due to an advantage only one team were allowed.

They can only sell, not buy players. surely keeping them in business is important.

I mean what if West Ham buy one of Pompey's players

That's a 'what if', it might happen it might not.

Surely you can see why they've done this? It's to keep us in business.

Yeah we deserve to be where we are financially, but the ***** that put us in this position (e.g Gaydamak) ran off with their tails between their legs, current players and investors don't deserve this.

I mean what if West Ham buy one of Pompey's players

rule 1

1. Players may be sold to other Premier League Clubs but may not play first team football for the new club before the end of the season.

Fair enough but if that's the rule then why will anybody buy the players now?

This is definitely a decision by the Premier League as a good will gesture, from a guilty conscience for letting the endless list of morons that were aloud to purchase Portsmouth!

Of course it shouldn't happen, its ridiculous really! But they are trying to smooth over their mistake, and trying to rectify a bad situation for the Premier League, as it doesn't exactly look good to FIFA does it?

Fair enough but if that's the rule then why will anybody buy the players now?
rule 2 +3

2. Players may be sold to a Football League or foreign club, subject to Fifa's approval.
3. Portsmouth FC may enter into an agreement with another Premier League, Football League or foreign club that a player will be transferred to that other club in the summer.

Also if a player has a good world cup, his price wll increase, also if pompey get bought they might not need to sell.

So if the team aren't in the premier leave they can play?

If that's the rules I am actually swinging to favour this. Although I think that either the FA stick to their own window rules or just get rid of them completely because soon I think oter clubs might want to do it then a trend might start. I hope that they do end transfer windows as they're annoying on FM and in real life.

its not the fans fault the club is in this position if anything the fa should be punished. this wont effect anything but pompeys bank balance to keep the club running so i say a good idea.

Back