FMxProxLFC

Reaction score
I have just finished my first season with PSV. I got the the final of the Dutch Cup and lost on penalties to Utrecht.
I also came 2nd in the league.
View attachment 325864

I was leading the way for nearly the whole season all be it by a point or goal difference but i really thought i was going to keep it going until my squad got complacent and i think the lack of strength in depth was a major key as i didnt have competition for places. And which made it worse was losing the league by 6 points after picking 1 point up in my last 3 games after. I completed the double over Ajax and beat them in the cup but still ave came out trophy less which is bitter sweet.

I feel that i need to strengthen alot this season as i want to do well in the champions league as well as league and cup. here were my transfers from last season and form of my players.

View attachment 325863 View attachment 325862

Even though this is a improvement on recent seasons for the fans of PSV i still want more and i am determined to lead this club to alot of glory, and my aim for the next season is simple.

1. To win the league
2. Win the Dutch Cup
and
3. To get to the quarters at least of the champions league. ( I may be being ambitious but that is were i feel my PSV team can get to if not further with a few acquisitions )

I have not yet seen my Budget but i would predict it would between 10-15mil.

I feel i need 2 good cm's who can compete for first team and push Gaston Gil Romero and
Georginio Wijnaldum.

I think i also need a Striker and a solid LB, RB and GK. Any ideas? Looking for Younger players no older than 25 as dont want to have to keep changing each season as i like a young energetic squad.

Looks like you had a pretty decent season, unfortunate that your team got complacent near the end :/

For CM's I'd look at Denys Garmarsh, Wilfrid Kaptoum, Lucas Romero and Matias Kranevitter for good options in midfield.

For striker it really depends what you're looking for but Ezequiel Ponce, Gabriel Barbosa, Saido Berahino or Aleksander Mitrovic could all do the job. It might be worthwhile changing Depay into a striker as he's been immense for most people when playing complete forward in fm15! I'd give it a try :)

LB I would go for Kurzawa, Digne, Andy Robertson or Oviedo, while for RB I'd look at getting Wallace (from Chelsea on loan) or Mayke from Cruzeiro. You could also look at getting Hirving Lozano (a wonderkid winger from Mexico) and retraining him as an attacking wingback. He's got the attributes to adapt to that position and would be awesome in your formation :D

GK I can't really think of anyone outstanding :/ Jack Butland, Sam Johnstone, Geronimo Rulli or Khune (older but really cheap and awesome) could all do a decent job though :)

If you can I'd suggest looking at Pione Sisto (low TRC), Balanta (if you can still get him, but will turn into the best CB in the game), Emanuel Mammana or Pavel Savitskiy as they could all really add something to your team! :)

View attachment 325794

These are my transfers so far. I know i brought in alot but ive kept pretty much same line up as last year but had alot of players leave so had to bring in alot for cover and competition.

But i have just had PSG bid 58mil for Memphis Depay who scored 20+ goals for me last season with 15+ assists. Do i sell him for 58mil and try and get a replacement and have money spare or do i keep in a dilemma