Reaction score
Hi,

I am currently playing a game with Chelsea, and I have been knocked out early in the Champs league, but I am 3rd in the league, and I have a chance to win the title (Dec 2012).

Eden Hazard is really irritating me at the moment, because it seems he has poor morale (always orange/red), and he switches off constantly in my team talks, and whenever I talk to him about things such as training level/recent form/last game (good or bad) he always tells me something like 'I'm not prepared to go over that again'. It is really irritating me. I also told him once that he will be transferred if his attitude does not improve, but he also didn't react well. I don't know what to do. I don't really want to drop him to the reserves, as he is an important player for my team, but I also don't want to sell him unless a substantial offer comes in for him (which won't happen if he is on the transfer list).

Any advice on what to do? (sorry for the long post btw)

Thanks

How many times have you had these chats with him since August? If you've had a number of criticisms of him in a short space of time chances are he just doesn't like you and reacts adversely anytime you try and talk to him.

I had the same issue with Gareth Bale when I took charge a Spurs.

Even though I have since been told that my approach was wrong it had the desired effect. (So imo I had the right approach)

I had a private chat and told him "you have not been playing well enough, its the reserves for you" he got a little pissy about that but in the end he said "I accept the challenge".
Not long after I got a message in my in-box about Bale being concerned that he does not seem to feature in my plans etc, so..
I had a chat with him again where I had the option to say "I gave you a chance last time and you sucked" I don't remember his reply but it was like "I will prove my worth"
Since then he has be playing with motivation and reacting positively to most team talks.

Had this not worked I was resigned to selling him.
Being the new manager I always take a very strict approach and get rid of any players who wont toe the line.
I get sacked often
:p

Last edited:
I had chats with him on positives and negatives. Although I only remember mentioning negatives once. But even in positives he says the same thing. And I placed him in the reserves for a while and resisted playing him, but he didn't complain about it. When I brought him back I talked to him about things like promoting Chelsea to Sow (who I was interested in signing), and advice on new signings, and his morale went back to okay.

But today, he went back to poor, and again switched off in my team talk when no one else did. Problem is he is playing really well, and I can't help playing him.

I don't get too fussed about players switching off on me as long as they perform.

If they have a stinker or are on a poor run ill say something but otherwise I leave them be.

I think it may be tied to reputation - the bigger names in my team or more inclined to switch off, which I think may be some sort of reputational thing. Established stars are less likely to pay attention to unknown managers.

At the start of the season they were more inclined to switch off on my, when I had no rep and they were established internationals. But now that I have them 8 points clear with 8 games to go I rarely if ever get that response.