Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register

Portsmouth 0-1 Man Utd

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Darren Fletcher's deflected first-half strike is enough to give Manchester United victory over Portsmouth.

More...

Get in the Van.
Reaction score
Barely a strike. Worst goal i have ever seen. Only seen the goal though so don't know if they deserved it or what but seems they are in desperate need of Berb (or another goal scorer).

like a (super) mod
Reaction score
Berbatov would be a stupid signing, Tevez and Rooney are amazing, a goalscorer is needed not another creative type forward

ajw

Reaction score
He's defo a creative type but he's also scored over 20 goals in the past two seasons and in our team could easily get that again, plus would create more. I'm warming to the idea of gettin him even though he's a moody git at times.

Generally Redders we did deserve it, Vidic was a rock. James had more saves to make though Pompey had more half-chances that they could have done better with. Rooney had a good game and with Tevez back those two could get lethal.

Can't believe Fletch has two in two :D

like a (super) mod
Reaction score
meh i can, as u know i watch him like a hawk.

Hes a pretty bad winger in terms of positioning, his positioning is terrible, he just runs into the box....but i think thats the system atm, evra and brown providing all the width and the 'wingers' dropping into the middle, if thats the case which it most likely is hes doing alright, although he went missing a bit in 2nd half

Reaction score
goal machine :D

pitty he is just going to be dropped when Ronaldo is back :|

ajw

Reaction score
Meh Nani will play on the wing when he's back which is a game or two. Fletch will be in an around the first team tho for a while as Carrick is out for a few still I think, Ron obv for a month or so, Park for god knows; plus with seven subs now, I reckon he will always at least make the bench :)