FMBen

Reaction score
Former fan-favourite Linvoy Primus has been appointed the new Portsmouth FC manager after the club and Michael Appleton separated.

Transfer budget: £0
Wage budget: -£5,380

1st season, just so I have low expectations, I want a mid-table finish or at-least 13th and above. I will be promoting youth and try to get players on loan. Will post an update of the transfers, IF I can make any.

I finished the friendlies and had two 4-0 defeats with a couple of draws, so 0 wins.

Transfers:
Brian Murphy ( GK, QPR, 29)
Eric Lichaj ( D RL, Villa, 23)
Dwight Gayle ( ST, Dagenham, 22)
Lauri Dalla Valle ( ST, Fulham, 20)

All on season long loans paying 0% of their wages. I also promoted Dan Thompson (18) and Jed Wallace (18).

It came to the Capital One Cup 1st round against Crawley at Fratton Park and the 4-5-1 was not working so I opted for the 4-4-2 with a couple of changes.

Results:

Portsmouth 4
Dan Thompson (22, 63, 71)
Ashley Harris (34)

Crawley 1
Gary Alexander (68)

Attendance 4,861

Next, with all pundits predicting defeat, we travelled to Doncaster playing my away day 4-2-3-1 tactic. Giving Dalla Valle his debut up top on his own.

Doncaster 1
Hume (63)

Portsmouth 1
Gayle (45+2)

Attendance 10,317

So, avoiding defeat was a good accomplishment, Dalla Valle had a great 1st half as long with the team, but second half we really had to hold on thanks to some good saves from Murphy.

Will post more later.