PompeyChris

Reaction score
AN ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE OFFICIAL SITE OF PORTSMOUTH CITY FC.
Following the sacking of Avram Grant, not because he was bad, but because of a dispute with the board a new manager has been appointed. Chris Wright, he’s an upcoming manager who will soon take control of every update we announce. Thank you to all the fans for your patience.

Before I get on with the plans I have for the club, I want to keep you informed, much like Avram. The club is in a lot of debt, I cannot release how much as of yet. Now to the plans; there will be a few players getting sold to reduce the wage bill. We hope to bring in players on free transfers to secure premier league survival. But priority is the long term survival of the club.
There are certain key players that will help to ensure the premier league survival of Portsmouth.
David James, an England keeper. He will be a great influence, and is going to be essential to our aims.
Jamie O’Hara, the on loan midfielder has got the talent to control a midfield, whether defending or on the break, Jamie can handle it.
Frederic Piquionne has the ability to play on the defenders shoulder, and when he finds himself in the right position he will finish.

My promise to the fans is that Fratton Park will become Fortress Fratton once more.

To start with John Utaka and Steve Finnan will be placed on the transfer list.

Friendlies
Colchester 1 – 6 Portsmouth
Havant & Waterlooville 0 – 5 Portsmouth
Exeter 1 – 1 Portsmouth
Home Farm 0 – 2 Portsmouth
Cardiff 1 – 2 Portsmouth
Kilmarnock 1 – 8 Portsmouth
And the season begins.. With Aston Villa at home.

Brilliant game, amazing free kick from Jamie O’Hara to score the 2nd, although I thought we had lost the 3 points but Piquionne saved it with a late strike. Grest start to the season.

W 1-2

Another good win, although Blackburn could have had it the way they came out for the second half, we managed to clinch it.

L 1-3

I had the run of the second half, barraging their goal attempt after attempt. Reina is world class.

League Cup W 1-3

Decided to rest a few players in the second half.

L 2-0

Held it up to a 0-0 draw at half time, but eventually they got under us.

End Of August.
3 Wins. 2 Losses.

Player Of The Month
JAMIE O’HARA

He’s been the catalyst in midfield so far. Although anyone in the strike force was a close contender, Jamie earned it.

Review Of The Month

The month’s been a very productive one, loosing only to two top four contenders, and defeating another on the way. For a relegation battle, it’s going very well.

September Begins.

It begins with Fulham at home, a game I really feel we can take something from.
W 5–2

A fantastic team performance saw the majority of my attacking force take a goal, or even two in Freddys case!

L 2–0

We just couldn’t find the back of the net today.

The wage budget is gradually being reduced, through offering players new contracts with more bonuses than money per week. Hopefully this will cause a better form, and if not, atleast we’re not over spending as much anymore.

LEAGUE CUP FT 1-1 AET 4-1
Dindane found the net in the 90th minute! First goal Chelsea have conceded all season. However we just let it go in extra time.

W 2-0

It really is becoming a fortress, this puts me into 4th. What a start to a relegation survival season.

End Of September.

2 Wins. 2 Losses.

Player Of The Month
FREDERIC PIQUIONNE

Another good month from freddy. Depending on the finish he is a definite one to look in to to make his deal permanent.

Review Of The Month

It’s been another good month, ending up in 6th. Fratton Park is as good as it gets and hopefully with rumours of a takeover happening my board will do it before January so I can get some players in to bolster the squad.

Last edited:
English Premier League Table After 2 Months

View attachment 59163

Aplogies for the double post, i thought it would merge in rather than post twice. If anyone can merge it please do so.

October Begins.

Three games this month, one televised against tottenham. How I feel the need to get back at Redknapp and the Portsmouth ex players.

D 1-1

Should have been stokes game looking at the stats. I know the Britannia is a hard place to go to, so im happy with a point which takes me up to 5th.

On the 8th October, the takeover is complete. However no investment will be made at this time.

W 1-0

David James had an amazing game here, saving everything that came his way. Infact both keepers played brilliantly.

Brilliant start, scoring within two minutes, and went on to score more, Brum were unlucky to not to get back into it, after having a goal disallowed, but the run of results I’ve had this season are keeping the morale high, and I can’t see anyone but people in the big 4 beating me.

End Of October
2 Wins. 1 Draw.

Player Of The Month
DAVID JAMES

Has played brilliantly, kept us in both the Stoke and Tottenham games through amazing performances. It was close between him and Hermann Hereidarsson.

Review Of The Month

Been another good month, looking at my games in hand I could technically go top. Who knows what could happen this season.

November Begins.

And it kicks straight off with Burnley.

W 4-1

Another brilliant start, the run of form still goes on. I’m looking to take it into the upcoming Everton, Man City and Chelsea games.

L 4-0

Just a quality game played by Everton today.

W 2-0

Fratton Park is the stronghold. Piquionne played well today, both my goals came from corners. But got to give it to Shay Given, he turned away almost everything we could throw at City.

L 0-2

The stats don’t reflect the score, it should have been a lot worse.

End Of November.
2 Wins. 2 Losses.

Player Of The Month
JAMIE O’HARA

Another great month from him.

Review Of The Month

It was quite a good month, considering the fixtures. The Man City game was a good and unexpected win, everything else was average.

The Premier League Table After 4 Months.

Last edited:
Start Of December

This month, it seemed in the table that I could slide down the table after seeing the tightness of the table, the aim was to stay up there. Even with 7 tightly packed games this month, it could be done.

W 2-0

A good win, to be fair, we weren’t good on the finishing side, but 2 long range efforts from Boateng secured it.

LINVOY PRIMUS HAS RETIRED FROM PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL. On the 8th December, Linvoy retired, I wish him all the best in the future, and will invite him to still be part of the future of this club.

W 3-4

Very close game, could have gone either way, once again Boateng scored a brace, and they were crucial goals.

Another great performance at Fratton Park. Could have been more.

L 2-1

After being reduced to 10 men, west ham took advantage.

W 0-1

Brilliant defensive performance, and a goal from Boateng, he’s been on form this month.

D 1-1

A good point for us, just one more game this month.
D 1-1

Should’ve had all the 3 points here, in the last game of 2009.

End Of December.
4 Wins. 2 Draws. 1 Loss.

Player Of The Month
KEVIN PRINCE-BOATENG

Brilliant month, scoring 6 in 7 appearances and assisting many too. Got the official player of the month award, ahead of Andrey Arshavin and Steven Gerrard.

Review Of The Month

The month went well, again keeping up the great form.

January Begins

Here I may need to get rid of some players and possibly some loans.

W 0-5

A deserved win.

THE CLUBS DEBT HAS BEEN SUCCESFULLY RESTRUCTURED.
A BID FROM A.C MILAN FOR CUVELIER HAS BEEN ACCEPTED. THE DEAL HAS GONE THROUGH FOR £1,100,000.
STEVE FINNAN HAS BEEN SOLD TO LEEDS FOR £350,000.
CHARLTON’S SHELVEY HAS SIGNED FOR PORTSMOUTH FOR £1,500,000.
SUBOTIC HAS GONE ON LOAN TO BRADFORD.

D 1-1

Could have won this, missed a penalty, although still in good form.
L 3-4

Good effort against the league leaders. Can take a lot from this.

NLUNDULU HAS BEEN SOLD TO TOTTENHAM.
JOE HART HAS BEEN BOUGHT.

L 2-1

Could’ve definitely got a lot more from this one. But with some key players out on international duties/injuries, we were weak.

W 4-2

Another good game, could have lost it after the sending off, but held on and a wonderful hatrick from Komora.

A DEAL FOR JOE HART HAS BEEN AGREED TO SIGN FOR PORTSMOUTH ON THE 1ST JULY.

End Of January.

Player Of The Month
RICARDO ROCHA

Played well all month, solid centre back.

Review Of The Month

Been a good month, financially some debts have been eased, and we are set for the future. Play wise, some disappointing results, but we still retain 5th place.

Premier League Table After 6 Months.

As you can see it's very tight in the league.

Last edited:
Theirs alot of Portsmouth stories but all the best with this

doing well great start. You will need to seriously reduce the wage bill next year.

screenshots of tactics........cos im currently playing as pompey and im about 14th

wow great start kutgw

Thank you :D

Theirs alot of Portsmouth stories but all the best with this

Cheers.

great start mate

doing well great start. You will need to seriously reduce the wage bill next year.

Yeah, i've done abit in the january window, cheers :D

screenshots of tactics........cos im currently playing as pompey and im about 14th

It's Lukes 4-3-3 tactic.

The last update has been ..updated

February Begins.

This month I just wanted to carry on what we’re doing, its near enough a certainty that we are safe from the drop so my tasks been completed. I’m going to push for Europe, it looks likely, and the money from finishing higher up the league will be important.

L 5-1

Terrible game, it was Sunderlands day.

W 3-1

Back to fortress fratton, and it was a great game from the lads.

FA W 0-4

A brilliant game from Boateng and Komora.

D 1-1

Had to withstand a lot from Tottenham, they were really going for it.

W 3-1

A good quality game from us. Arsenal next in the FA CUP.

End Of February.

Player Of The Month
TAL BEN-HAIM

Play well, defensively solid aswell as grabbing a few goals himself.

Review Of The Month

Another good month saw us retain 5th place once more, on equal points with 4th place Man City. Looks very unlikely that we can drop to the lower half of the table.

March begins.

Aim of this month was once again to keep going. Aiming for Europe.

L 0-2

Just out performed by Arsenal here.

W 1-3

Controlled the game, and came out with all 3 points.

D 0-0

A boring game, but still eventful, 2 sending offs and a missed penalty.

D 1-1

Held out well here. Good performance.

End Of March.

Player Of The Month.
JAMIE O'HARA

Went along in midfield once again woking constantly.

Rview Of The Month.

Another consistent month, still in 5th spot, looking good for europe.

Premier League Table After 8 Months.

View attachment 60050

Last edited:
Doing well keep it up, Lukes tactics are unbelievable I took over Xerez in 2014 in the 2nd Division, got promoted easily and am now 3rd in La Liga after 10 games.

April Begins.

Aim was to just keep on driving and picking up points.

L 1-2

Thought the team played well here. Everyones playing for eachother rather than themselves, so I can take a lot from this.

D 1-1

Could and should have got a lot more from this.

W 3-0

Another good home performance.

D 0-0

Another game we should have got more from.

End Of April

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

John Utaka

Played well in the absence of Piquionne with the highest rating.

Review Of The Month

Fairly bad month considering our season long form. 8th place is secured with only 1 point needed for a place in Europe to be secured.

May Begins.

Aim to consolidate a European spot.

L 0-1

Robert Green was amazing today, we had nothing to beat him.

L 2 -3

This loss caused me to fall from 5th to 7th place. Still very much over achieved this season and I hope to carry it on next time.

End Of May and the Season.

Player Of The Month
ARUNA DINDANE

Although we didn’t win a game, Aruna played well, being tricky for both oppositions.

Review Of The Month.

Pretty disappointing to go down 2 spots, after having 5th place for so long.

PLAYER OF THE SEASON
JAMIE O’HARA

Played brilliantly in every game, and gave it his all, I hope to bring him in on a permanent deal soon.

REVIEW OF THE SEASON

A great season, qualified for Europe. More than expected, and I hope to improve on this next season.

End Of Season Table

View attachment 60181

Beginning of the 10/11 Season

To start with the teams promoted and demoted were:

Sheffield United
Middlesborough
West Brom
Fulham
Hull
Stoke

My aims for this season were to improve on final position of last season aswell as to get as far as we can in the European Cup.

Ofcourse with all the contracts about to end I feel I could bring in more talent as I have a bigger wage budget.

The big transfers were:​
Felipe Caicedo – Deal worth 13.75mil​
Marco Verratti – 1.15 mil​
Michael Mancienne – 3 mil​
And ofcourse Joe Hart, with his deal being finalized in February for an eventual worth of 7.5 mil.

With the squad I have I feel a champions league place is a definite target.

Only had 2 friendlies this season:​
Newcastle 1-2 away win.​
Norwich 0-1 away win.

First game of the season was against Everton, and went into it with a full strength team.

W 2-1

Very good win, 9 men vs 10 and manager to score 2 late goals.

EUROPE W 0-3

I think its safe to say this tie is already over.

L 1-4

Man United just killed us.

W 1-0

Happy with that, now into the group stages.

The draw for the group stage of the European Cup went ahead, in my group are:​
Valencia​
RC Lens​
Metalurg D

L 4-3

After being 2-0 up we looked sure to win it, complacency led to the loss.

W 2-0

Good win here, Caicedo finally getting a goal.

EUROPE W 1-3

A great win, against the highest seeded team in my group. Caicedo getting 2 goals here.

LEAGUE CUP W 1-2

Another goal from Caicedo, set us on our way to the win.

D 0-0

An interesting game, wasn’t as boring as you may have expected, a lot of efforts.

EUROPE W 5-0

A good game, braces from both Boateng and Caicedo.

End Of September

Player Of The Month​
MARCO VERRATTI

Played well in every game, and was 3rd in the young player of the month award.

Review Of The Month

Good month, progressing well in Europe, and premier league form looks sure to pick up.​