Portsmouth debts close to £120m

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 927
how did they get into this huge mess..
from winning the FA Cup,
and next season they will be playing Championship football and may not even be a club :S

I can actually see someone buying them, and saving them.

Someone will buy them, but it might be sometime before we see them in the Prem again......

119m sounds less serious than 120m... like a car for 10995... guess with that 1m less they might find an owner?

I highly doubt that a sum of £1M will be the reason for/against an owner. If you buy this club for around 100M which I think they will sell for, thats around about 250M overall due to paying off debts and putting some money into it.. Then imagine if they were mid table again.. That would sell for 300-500M?

I think its a profitable buy for an owner, but I doubt someone like Mike Ashley who pretty much saved Newcastle, are going to save Portsmouth.

That article is wrong, why would we owe Spuds £1m for a player that rejected them, and has no ties with the club??
As for who to blame, it bois down to the chairman (Gaydamak), the chief executive (Peter Jackanory)and the manager at the time (Twitchy shriveled ******** RedCrap).
We won ther FA Cup, and the pair of them decided to spend beyond their means by offering sill amounts for average players, rumour has it that we were paying the likes of Campbell, Defoe, Crouch and James between £50k and £70k a week, silly money for a small club, yes we were trying to break into the top half of the league, but we haven't the stadium to be able to finance that.
As soon as it looked to be going **** up, the pair of them jumped ship, Gaydamak selling to 2 of the "richest" arabs in Saudi, who actually didn't have a penny to their name.
Then Redsack decided to rape us by buying our best players for a song, as he knew our our finances weren't sustainable.

Getting that **** back in the first place after he fcuked off to scum was the worst thing we ever did. Possibly the best manager we've ever had, but a complete and utter *****. I wouldnt **** on him if I saw him on fire.

That article is wrong, why would we owe Spuds £1m for a player that rejected them, and has no ties with the club??

Sorry Rick, i know your new but did you even read the article? It clearly states that Tottenham put in an offer for Begovic, in which was a 1M attachment offer. This was part of a double deal for him and Kaboul, but Begovic signed for Stoke City and Portsmouth still have that 1M attachment due to the deal going to the contract stage, with the money being paid and the signature awaiting, but of course it was rejected, and Portsmouth still need to give back that 1M attachment. Read the articles mate. 8-|

**** sake. Liquidation here we come.

The FA Cup ruined us completely, the bonuses we had to pay players completely raped us and we've never recovered.

How I wish Cardiff raped us now.

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

I highly doubt that a sum of £1M will be the reason for/against an owner. If you buy this club for around 100M which I think they will sell for, thats around about 250M overall due to paying off debts and putting some money into it.. Then imagine if they were mid table again.. That would sell for 300-500M?

I think its a profitable buy for an owner, but I doubt someone like Mike Ashley who pretty much saved Newcastle, are going to save Portsmouth.
Sorry but what? You think a Championship club that is in over £100m of debt, will sell for £100m? That's rather naive, we were bought by Sulamain Al Fahim for £30m earlier in the season, that's when we were a Premier league club, it's probably going to be half that in the Championship.

I think they will either be sold for £1 or they'll go bust.

Back