Reaction score
Hey all,

I have just started a new season with some mates and we are all championship clubs attempting to get into the prem. They are all really good players and I dont want to be the only one not to earn promotion,
I have 1.5 million pounds to spend and I would rather wage demands to not be much higher than 25k a week,
any ideas at al,l any postition, loan, free or signings would be great,

Thanks in advance

Thorfinn Spence

Its definitely possible to earn promotion as Portsmouth in your first season.

I would suggest that you ask the board to find you a parent club. Usually the choices are liverpool, man utd etc... so pick one of those and they should offer one of their young prospects to you free of wages which will help bulk your squad.

The midfield is pretty light so I would recommend loaning Josh Mceachren and oriol romeu from chelsea. They shouldnt ask for payment and their wages are pretty reasonable.

Then I would look at signing darwin quintero as he is an outstanding player for any championship side. Play him as a poacher in a 4-5-1 and he can get you 40 goals a season.

Lastly I would urge you to get rid of kitson as he isnt worth the 20k he's on so try and get rid of him even if its for a pretty low fee as you can then use those wages to get timo hildebrand on a free transfer as he will be solid at premiership level too.

Good luck!