Danarouso

Reaction score
UNKNOWN CROWTHER TAKES OVER AT FRATTON PARK

View attachment 317621​It was announced today that unknown manager Dan Crowther was to take over the vacant managerial position at Portsmouth following Guy Whittingham's brief caretaker after Michael Appleton's departure in the summer.

Dan Crowther is unknown to most people in football and is now deemed to be taking on one of the heaviest of challenges in English football - financially-troubled Portsmouth who are currently in administration following last season's relegation from the championship.

Current club chairman Ian McInnes had this to say alongside his new appointment: "I am sat beside one of the most obscurely known managers in English football but also in my opinion one that has the potential to push this club to battle for major honours in the distant future."

New Portsmouth boss Crowther had this to say in the brief press conference: "At the moment, Ian's ambitions with me seem like a vivid pipe dream due to the club's apparent poor financial state but I feel that this club can still go all the way back into the Premier League and beyond again. As they say, Rome wasn't built in a day and this ambitious project won't work within this season - It will take time and unity is what the club need at the moment.. that dream starts now."

---------------------------

PORTSMOUTH SQUAD

GOALKEEPERS

Phil Smith
Simon Eastwood

DEFENDERS

Yassin Moutaouakil
Ricardo Rocha
Gabor Gyepes
Sam Sodje
Alex Grant
Adam Webster
Dan Butler

MIDFIELDERS

Liam Walker
Johannes Ertl
Jed Wallace
Ashley Harris

STRIKERS

David Connolly
Dan Thompson
John Akinde

Overall, the squad is fairly weak and young which is bad obviously. Some experienced players such as Connolly's contracts will all expire during the season which will make matters even worse so currently with this squad my primary aim is to beat the dreaded drop.

-------

Well on that note, thank's for reading and I hope you've enjoyed my opening post.. I am looking forward to this save and hopeful that I'll be successful..

JULY 2012 UPDATE

Ricardo Rocha joins Cardiff City for a fee of 120k
------------------------------------------------
Portsmouth's transfer embargo is lifted but Pompey boss Dan Crowther admits that the club aren't in a position to deal transfers/loans.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Friendly results (all simulated)

Portsmouth 0-2 Portsmouth reserves
Portsmouth 0-3 Millwall
Portsmouth 1-3 Blackburn Rovers
Portsmouth 0-5 Bristol City
Havent and Waterlooville 0-3 Portsmouth
----------------------------------------

Dan Crowther's first game as Portsmouth manager will be at home to Barnet - as they drew the npower league 2 club in the Carling cup first round.

AUGUST 2012 UPDATE

PORTSMOUTH 4-1 BARNET (CARLING CUP 1ST ROUND)

Delighted to get off my Pompey tenure to a fantastic start - we were full value and fully deserved this victory. (Scorers: Connolly X2, Kamdjo OG, Akinde) (MOTM: David Connolly) (Att: 2,093) (Pompey draw West Ham at home in the 2nd round)

CREWE ALEXANDRA 2-1 PORTSMOUTH

A losing start in Portsmouth's return to league one and my first league game managing the club - Never really looked in the game with Crewe being far the better side. (Scorer: Wallace) (Att: 4,947)

PORTSMOUTH 1-1 MK DONS

With our side being unbelievably fat
igued and fairly young/naive against quite a good side in MK Dons, I am quite pleased with this point even though it was very nervy at the end. The only real negatives was that injuries were inflicted to Connolly and Ertl but hopefully they will be alright. (Scorer: Connolly [Penalty]) (Att: 10,726)

SCUNTHORPE UNITED 4-3 PORTSMOUTH

A valiant effort against Scunthorpe who have made a blistering start to the season who are currently in 2nd place - we were 4-1 down at Glanford Park and to almost peg them back was very encouraging for the lads. (Scorers: Harris X2, Thompson) (Att: 5,200)

PORTSMOUTH 0-2 WEST HAM UNITED

Another fantastic effort from the boys - players were forced to being played out of position and still gave West Ham a good game and made Fon Williams pull off some decent saves to keep the Hammers in it however quality showed and they scored 2 late goals in the last 5 minutes to prevail at Fratton Park. (Att: 9,239)

PFC PLAYER OF THE MONTH

SAM SODJE

Sam has definitely performed the best and most consistently good this month with some great defensive displays which resulted in a 8.2 rating against Premiership side West Ham.

LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 317652