Portsmouth FC: from Championship to EPL

• Thread starter Thread starter MYS77
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 10K

MYS77

Reaction score
I think my post has some errors, because I'm Brazilian, and my English is not the best.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I began the game in Portsmouth, relegated in 2009-10 and underrated in 2011-12 (I think).

I was there to rebuild the team, and I bring a good number of free transfers.

My main transfer with fee involved was the €1M deal for Kasper Lorentzen.

Sold Aaron Mokoena and Tal Ben Haim to Getafe and Genoa, respectively, because both had high wages and I want to keep wages controlled.

After the first season, my club lifted Championship title, without a defeat! Established a new record and won the Championship Manager of The Year.

View attachment 236432 View attachment 236433 View attachment 236434

I put on the spotlight Erik Huseklepp, Liam Lawrence, Benjani, Geremi Ndjitap, Greg Halford and Glenn Verbauwhede, with a good display from Krisztián Németh and Hayden Mullins, fantastic subs for Championship clubs.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2012-13: Pompey and the English Premier Division.

After the promotion, board granted me a medium wage and transfer budgets. Bringing on a extensive number of free transfers

The better ones: Cesare Bovo, Ritchie De Laet, Reynald Lemaitre, Joe Lewis, Owen Hargreaves, Jorge Martínez, Marc Muniesa and Evan Chevalier (great wonderkids).

Then I bought Kyle Naughton (
1.6M from Tottenham), Danny Guthrie (1.6M from Tottenham) on the summer window and Marvin Ogunjimi (7.5M from Liga Adelante's Mallorca).

With some good results against big clubs like Chelsea, Man City and others, Pompey finished his first season in 7th place. I also won the English Premier Division Manager of The Year.

View attachment 236437View attachment 236438

In the next post I'll talk about 2013-14 season.

you man r some good manager i wish i could get the team i support in the prem congratulations and carry this on because i support portsmouth well done

2013-14: Portsmouth: a powerful newcomer.

The season began, and Pompey had some difficult friendlies to made. I could manage to win all of them.
View attachment 236444
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE SQUAD
1- Carlos Kameni 2- Kyle Naughton 3- Gary Cahill 4- Ritchie De Laet
View attachment 236446 View attachment 236447 View attachment 236448 View attachment 236449
6- Lucas Digne 7- Jack Rodwell 8- Jorge Martínez 9- Mauro Obolo 10- Erik Huseklepp
View attachment 236451 View attachment 236452 View attachment 236454 View attachment 236455 View attachment 236456
11- Esteban Granero 13-Joe Lewis 14- Paulo Ferreira 15- Owen Hargreaves 16- Geraldo
View attachment 236457 View attachment 236458 View attachment 236459 View attachment 236460 View attachment 236461
17- Miralem Sulejmani 18- Danny Guthrie 19- Jose Baxter 22- Dusan Svento
View attachment 236462 View attachment 236466 View attachment 236465 View attachment 236463
25- Vincent Sasso 26- Arnaud Souquet 77- Didier Drogba 99- Marvin Ogunjimi
View attachment 236470View attachment 236469View attachment 236468View attachment 236467

LOANED PLAYERS
FIRST TEAM SQUAD
5- Cesare Bovo - to Bologna until the end of the season
21- Reynald Lemaitre - to Atalanta until the end of the season
Evan Chevalier - to Benfica until the end of the season
Marc Muniesa - to Osasuna until the end of the season
RESERVE SQUAD
Thomas Dähne - to Mainz until the end of the season
Adili Endogan - to Watford until 25.4.2014
Krisztián Németh - to Leeds until the end of the season
Anass Achahbar - to Swindon until 25.4.2014
Mads Albaek - to Sunderland until the end of the season
Lasse Vigen - to QPR until 25.4.2014
Conor Coady - to Middlesbrough until the end of the season
Anthony Limbombe - to Charlton until 11.4.2014
Daniel Galbraith - to Southampton until the end of the season
Richard Smallwood - to Bolton until the end of the season
Reuben Noble-Lazarus - to Wrexham until 21.3.2014
Enzio Boldewijn - to Charlton until 19.4.2014
Sam Magri - to MK Dons until 19.4.2014
Ádám Bódi - to Cardiff until the end of the season
Vegard Nikolaisen - to Bristol City until the end of the season
Tom Lawrence - to Sheff Utd until the end of the season
Casper Nielsen - to Peterborough until 25.4.2014
Robbie Brady - to Derby until the end of the season
Michy Batshuayi - to Millwall until the end of the season
Viktor Ahlmann - to Rochdale until 11.4.2014
Jack Stephens - to Crawley until 6.4.2014
Kevin Crépel - to Espanyol until the end of the season
Mohamed Diarra - to Vannes OC until the end of the season
Christian Derflinger - to Preston until the end of the season
Elio de Silvestro - to US Boulogne until the end of the season
Andreas Hinkel - to Ingosladt until the end of the season
Sean Murray - to Notts Co until 2.5.2014
Ivan Lucic - to Bristol City until the end of the season
Kevin Friesenbichler - to MK Dons until 19.4.2014
Nikola Gagic - to Exeter until 10.5.2014
Matheus - to Crystal Palace until 10.5.2014
Yoann Barbet - to Arles-Avignon until the end of the season
Gauthier Mahoto - to Leyton Orient until 6.4.2014
Julien de Sart - to Leyton Orient until 22.4.2014
Victor Zapata-Caicedo - to Crystal Palace until 10.4.2014
Frederik Holst - to Wycombe until 6.4.2014
Jordan Lussey - to Preston until the end of the season
Fabien Lipmann - to Clermont Foot 63 until the end of the season
Mike Termjin - to Bristol City until the end of the season
Tom Thorpe - to Preston until the end of the season
Nicolas Delporte - to Charleroi until the end of the season
U18 SQUAD
Alex Grant - to Stevenage until 7.4.2014
Adam Webster - to Plymouth until 4.4.2014
Frankie Lannen - to Shamrock Rovers until 31.12.2014
Adrien Rabiot - to Stevenage until 27.4.2014
Sean Connor - to Crystal Palace until 19.4.2014
Tom Dixon (real name: Tommy Gay) - to Oxford until 7.4.2014

Last edited:
Thanks dude! I will post more from this season, I'm stronger than the last season (:

im playing as pompey atm, see if you can get fierro/quintero as strikers both under 3 mil each. have a look at bruno ecule manga- beast of a defender, romario, kakuta (on loan)

THE WONDERKIDS

1)
Alberto Tomás: a Spanish centre back, bought this season on a €2M deal from Zaragoza. On the signing Arsenal joined the race, and I almost lose him, but I could bring him to Pompey.
View attachment 236479
2) Jan Volf: a Czech right back, bought last season on a €700K deal from Brno. He already made 6 apps for the Czech club, and Barça was interested in him last season. Made 2 cup matches and look good (7.30 avg rat). Currently training him onto a left-back position.
View attachment 236476
3) Dionisio Manuel Martínez: a Spanish striker, bought this season on a €775K from Recreativo. Seems like a good deal, 'cause he's a great prospect. Already made 2 apps for Recre and 2 cup matches for Pompey (6.80 avg rat).
View attachment 236477
4) Michael Heinrich: a German defensive midfielder, bought last season on a €1.2M deal from Heidenheim, a Third Division club. An excellent prospect, with great tecnique even still being a youngster.
View attachment 236475
5) Juan Luis: a Spanish attacking midfielder, bought this season on a €1.5M deal from Recreativo. An excellent prospect, with great speed and determination.
View attachment 236478
OTHER WONDERKIDS
6) Philippe Le Borgne: a French keeper, bought this season on a €3.5M deal from Stade Rennais. An excellent , with positioning and agility.
7) Fabio Coppola: a English-Italian right back, bought this season on a €110K deal from Rochdale (yes, 110K!). An aggressive player, Fabio already made one appearance for Rochdale, in good form (7.20).
8) Jonas Fröberg: a Swedish attacking midfielder, bought this winter on a €1M deal from IFK Norrköping. A real speedster, this player has also the abiity to take a penalty. He already made 3 apps for IFK, with one assist and a 6.70 avg rat.

Last edited:
THE MATCHES

17.8.13 - Tottenham 1-2 Pompey
A low cross from Lemaitre stops into Rodwell's leg, and he drove the ball hard and low to open the scoreboard on the 33rd minute. Sulejmani added another after a Martínez's cross on the 52nd minute. Van der Vaart pulled one back on the 63rd minute after a trip made by Cahill on Dawson.
View attachment 236480
24.8.13 - Pompey 2-2 Man City
Sulejmani made one quickly, scoring after Martínez's cross on the 4th minute. Rodwell added one more to Pompey scoring after a Granero's corner on the 22nd minute. Clichy scored a lucky goal: he tried to cross but the ball has gone to goal, on the 51st minute. Yaya Touré tied the game 4 minutes later after a wonderful counter move.
View attachment 236481
28.8.2013 - Tranmere 1-2 Pompey (English League Cup)
On the 7th minute, Baxter made a pinpoint pass and Tettey was there to score. In the 78th minute, Vigen began the attacking move, was tackled, Tettey recovered the ball, passed it to Baxter, who finished to grant the qualification. On the 89th minute Weir made his goal after a wonderful Vernon run.
View attachment 236482

You mean Romario, the right back? If is him, I already got him for winter, on a 3mil transfer. I'll take a look at Ecule Manga, thanks mate. Could you put the full name of Fierro and Quintero? I don't like loans, on my three seasons I don't have any "loaned in" player in my squad, but I'll see Kakuta too mate, but for a permanent deal. (: Thanks alot Kayah

Ecuélé Manga is already on OM in my save ): And probably OM ask for a enormous fee to transfer him.

THE MATCHES
1.9.13 - Newcastle 0-3 Pompey
On the 9th minute, Obolo scored after a Granero's right cross. On the 77th minute, Svento made his goal after a Tioté's mistake. On the stoppage time (90+2), Baxter scored after a pinpoint pass from Rodwell.
View attachment 236529
15.9.13 - Pompey 3-1 Reading
On the 1st minute of the match (less than this), Ogunjimi opened the scoreboard after a both mistake from Karacan and Pearce. Two minutes later, he scored his second goal, receiving a pass from Huseklepp and blasting the ball on the top corner. De Laet made Pompey third goal with a powerful header, who was provided from a cross made by Esteban Granero. Jem Karacan then made the only Reading goal with a beautiful shot from middle area.
View attachment 236532
21.9.13 - Swansea 0-1 Pompey
De Laet scored his goal in the 10th minute, with Cahill's header cracking against the woodwork and bouncing on rebound.
View attachment 236531
25.9.13 - Leeds 2-2 Pompey (English League Cup)
A game with the reserves. On the 30th minute, McCormack scored after a Pugh's cross. 5 minutes later, Pugh scored after a cross from Wuytens. Then Jose Baxter was there to tie the game for Pompey, scoring one on the 76th minute (he showed good pace to left Leeds defender back and put the ball on the right corner of the goal) and in the 86th (a wonderful shot with great curve). Then the match went on penalties. Wuytens scored, Hargreaves too. Becchio missed, also did Bovo. Mellis scored, as Guthrie. Howson made, also Vigen. White then missed. Ferreira scored and granted the qualification.
View attachment 236530

THE MATCHES
28.9.13 - Pompey 1-1 Liverpool
On the 7th minute Suárez opened the scoreboard after a counter move leaded by Kuyt, who crossed and Luis antecipated Kameni. 9 minutes later, Ogunjimi received a ball from the right into the edge of the area; however, he hadn't space to shoot, and passed it back to Huseklepp; he then passed the ball into the space and Rodwell appeared there to apply the finish.
View attachment 236707
5.10.13 - Brighton 0-4 Pompey
On the 27th minute Granero received a Sulejmani's pass on the box and applied the finish easily. 11 minutes later, Sulejmani scored after a pass Huseklepp. On the stoppage time, Ogunjimi headed away after a cross from Sulejmani. And on the 73rd minute, Elmer ended the scoreboard with an own goal.
View attachment 236708
20.10.13 - Chelsea 1-3 Pompey
A great result granted the 1st place on the table. De Laet scored after a Granero's left corner on the 30th minute. 8 minutes later, Lukaku scored after a Valencia's right cross. On the 46th minute, Oguinjimi scored after a Huseklepp cross, who avoided the Chelsea's defence. 8 minutes later, Huseklepp made his goal after a Ogunjimi low cross to the middle of the area.
View attachment 236706
26.10.13 - Portsmouth 3-0 Norwich
On the 54th minute, Huseklepp made a pinpoint pass to Ogunjimi, who put the ball in the right corner of the goal. 7 minutes later, Sasso scored his goal after a Granero's right corner. 10 minutes later, Geraldo made the last goal of the match after a low cross from right provided by Huseklepp.
View attachment 236705

Last edited:
u must be some wonder manager mate i struggle to get portsmouth going nd jst wen a start winning they sacked me :(

No way mate! I appreciate your comments, but I'm too weak as manager, only did a good job on the Championship, but there I had good players in the bench too. In the EPD, I'm too slow on transfers, losing a great number of great players to Arsenal, Chelsea and anothers.

carlos fierro - plays for chivas mexican team(at the start of the game) and darwin quintero ( not sure of club) both awesome poachers. Lorenzo Crisetig ( plays for inter milan) is an awesome defensive mid, romario the right back err full name is Romário da Silva Santos. i signed ryan shawcross for ten mil in my 3rd season - averages 7.5 plus :)

Carlos Fierro: I tried to contract him, but he picked up a 6 month injury. ): Romário will come on the next season, in this he is on loan to Braga. Crisetig is already on my team, and i'll see Shawcross and Quintero

Quintero stil on Santos Laguna, 3.2 mil value. Shawcross was bought, he's now on Tottenham (10 mil value).

THE MATCHES
29.10.13 - Swindon 0-2 Pompey
On the 15th minute, Drogba scored after a Baxter's pass. On the 55th minute, Obolo scored with a lob on the Swindon keeper.

2.11.13 - Pompey 3-1 West Brom
On the 23th minute, Manucharyan scored on a penalty made by Lemaitre. On the 38th minute, Ogunjimi scored with a low shot in the right corner. On the 59th minute Oguinjimi scored his 2nd goal with another low shot in the right corner. On the 89th minute, Tamas made a penalty in Ogunjimi. He then scored and completed his hat-trick.

In my team he's doing pretty well in all the seasons, progressing well with the team. He was scouted by Chelsea, Juve, Wolves and anothers like Anzhi this season 61lfc51 (:

Back