kmurray0403

Reaction score
Portsmouth FC - Phoenix from the Flames

In this story, I will manage Portsmouth. This is my second crack at doing a manager story on here, my first was with Liverpool, but, the game save corrupted meaning I lost my progress and could no longer play on.

View attachment 373523
Portsmouth Football Club
Est, 1898
Ground: Fratton Park
Ground Capacity: 20,688

BREAKING NEWS: Portsmouth Football Club have announced the appointment of Kieran Murray as the club's new manager. At just 29, Murray is the youngest manager in the English leagues, and takes over from caretaker manager Guy Whittingham, who was made redundant by the cash strapped club only hours ago. It is believed that the League One side will make more cuts over the next few weeks as it battles financial problems, with the club likely to go into liquidation if potential investors don't come forward. It is believed that many of the playing staff will remain at the club however, unless the current board sees fit to cancel playing contracts.

"It's a worrying time for the club, but am I confident this club can survive? Yes, I am. It just seems to be an all too regular occurrence in English football today where clubs find themselves in real financial trouble, something really needs to change to prevent this from happening."
Kieran Murray, Portsmouth manager.

"We are working countless hours to find investors to pull this club from the depths of financial ruin. The days of when this club were in the Premier League, winning the FA Cup and playing in Europe seem like a distant memory now, what we need is to pull together and make sure Portsmouth Football Club doesn't die, and I am confident we can progress."
Iain McInnes, Portsmouth chairman.

looks good as a Portsmouth fan i am following been waiting for a good portsmouth story on here people start them and then get bored ( i used to) or get sacked then they stop and hopefully you can finally make a good Pompey story good luck
PUP!

Cheers man! Just a massive ball ache having no funds and a transfer embargo, will update over the weekend!

Great start, wanna follow this as I'm looking to start one myself, just can't bring myself up to the hard challenge! Good luck