Portsmouth hit with transfer ban

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 2K
Redknapp left a sinking ship, he did the same at West Ham, Southampton and now Pompey, you can partly blame him because it is probably Redknapp who convinced Gadaymak or Storrie to give him funds.

I actually think Hull is in worse shape, from what I've read. Or at least just as bad shape. Seems like theyre both locks to go down at this point... shame, that. Pompey is a team I love to see in the Premiership, and Hull was nice b/c it was the biggest city without premiership representation...

I actually think Hull is in worse shape, from what I've read. Or at least just as bad shape. Seems like theyre both locks to go down at this point... shame, that. Pompey is a team I love to see in the Premiership, and Hull was nice b/c it was the biggest city without premiership representation...

But Hull are terrible, Pompey are actually a good team.. Just very unlucky.

But Hull are terrible, Pompey are actually a good team.. Just very unlucky.

I dont know... cupboard is pretty bare now. Glen Johnson, Krancjar, Crouch... all gone. Pompey has more talent that Hull, sure... but not that much. Theyre probably in the bottom 5 in talent. I keep thinking back to the beginning of last season when Hull was playing so well...

I wasnt talking talent, though. Just finances. Hull is in deep trouble financially. Even if they stay up theyre going to run up huge debts. If they go down theyre probably in administration, regardless of the parachute.

sorry to say this, but i feel that pompey could go down if they cant sign quality players mid-season. apparently, owners do play a big part in the club's fortunes as well. =/

i have always been a fan of pompey its a shame, loved them when muntari was there and they played quick football, redknapp is a first class prat though in my opinion, he ditches clubs when he doesnt get his own way, and to be honest hull are ****, but quality wise portsmouth are not much better than them

The ban is just. If you don't pay current bills why should you be allowed to buy more players. You have to feel sorry for the fans though.

I agree with Kris its the fans that suffer at the end of the day.

:'( Yes we well :'( But hey, atleast we're not Hull. :D
I dont know... cupboard is pretty bare now. Glen Johnson, Krancjar, Crouch... all gone. Pompey has more talent that Hull, sure... but not that much. Theyre probably in the bottom 5 in talent. I keep thinking back to the beginning of last season when Hull was playing so well...

I wasnt talking talent, though. Just finances. Hull is in deep trouble financially. Even if they stay up theyre going to run up huge debts. If they go down theyre probably in administration, regardless of the parachute.
Yeah I agree, but if you look at teams like Burnley, we've got better players than them, same for Hull, and maybe even Birmingham. We just need more luck, roll on Saturday, Wigan away.

Back