Portsmouth - The People's Club + Taking England to Euro 2015

Reaction score
Five years ago Portsmouth were enjoying perhaps the most successful period within the history of their club lifiting the FA Cup. During this decade international players such as Jermaine Defoe, David James, Kranjcar, Diarra, Muntari, Kevin Prince Boateng and Peter Crouch plyed their trade at Fratton Park. They even entertained the likes of AC Milan in Portsmouth, playing in the Uefa Cup...Before plummeting down the leagues to the bottom tier of the Football League as financial troubles struck.

As many of you will know on 19 April 2013, Portsmouth exited administration when the Pompey Supporters' Trust's deal to buy the club was completed. Becoming the largest fan-owned football club in England. Despite playing in League Two last season, 10,000 fans brought seasons tickets which is a record for a club in the division.

I intend to bring back success to Fratton Park. These fans have endured such tough times with many of them taking money out of their own pocket to financially stabilise the club. However I am not going to go about this in the wrong way and burden the club financially as others who have sought success in the past have done. I will stick to a number of principles:

-I will consider each transfer with the long-term in mind
-i will look for a number of characteristics in the players I sign. I want players who possess a desire within them. This means determination and a willingness to run for the team. There is no place for so called 'big-time-charlies' at this club. The two squads which I have witnessed fight against the odds in recent times and wish to eminate are the QPR team managed by Neil Warnock (bar Taarabt) and Crystal Palace of the last two seasons.
-I want to produce youth players. The current facilities are atrocious and are a priority for me.
-I will prioritise signing players who possess a potential to develop. Either so they can serve me at a higher level or so I can cash in on them in the future.
-The club needs money. The only way to do that is to progress through the leagues and access the greater prize money available and the unbelievable riches of Premier League TV rights.
-I will have no time for any other cup than the FA Cup. In my eyes the League Cup and JPT are a waste and shall only be used to bring players back to fitness and provide developing players a first team opportunity.

I will also manage England from the start. I know this squad has proved incapable of performing at the world cup but I want to use my managing ability to have a go at making this country kings of Europe.

Cant wait to see this story progress,
All cup comps are good, its all extra money, the more trophies you win may help with new sponsors bringin in more money,
Will also help develop your players with extra games

Good luck with the story. I had a great Pompey save going when FM15 came out. Got sacked in my 3rd season though as we were slipping down into league 1 relegation places rather than achieving mid-table :(

good luck with Pompey and also bring some glory for the 3 lions!