Portsmouth to learn fate on Thursday

No, i think that is what they owe the Taxman alone.
Was thinking that it would be alot more, surly someone would be interested in buying them, as they are probably the biggest club in the south of england outside london

As of yet I don't know of any petitions etc, there's been a few protests outside the ground recently, and there might be one again on the first home game of the season vs Reading if the game actually goes ahead (I hope it does as I've got a season ticket this season). There was talk about getting a lot of fans together and trying to get some money together to donate to the club, like everyone from Portsmouth donating £10 or something like that to a trust but I don't think we'll get enough to make a massive difference to our huge debts.

Hopefully someone/something will be organised by a group of guys who support the club, behind all the drunken fans there must be quite a few who have got their heads screwed on and can sort something out. Here's hoping anyway that both Portsmouth and Liverpool get through the tough times ahead.

There was a group of Pompey fans who arranged a meeting with the Premier League execs wasn't there?

There was a group of Pompey fans who arranged a meeting with the Premier League execs wasn't there?
Yeah I don't think that worked too well though, there wasn't any changes made that we know of and we're still in the same if not worse position so it seems that just didn't get us anywhere.

What will Pompey John do if Portsmouth cease to exist?!

Yeah I don't think that worked too well though, there wasn't any changes made that we know of and we're still in the same if not worse position so it seems that just didn't get us anywhere.

Got to be something the lads who arranged that can do though?

Here's hoping the judge isn't willing to hear a test case in his court and tells HMRC to take it up with a club who can afford to fight the case rather than one on life support. The legal process for appealing it could give you enough time to find new investment of some sort.

Got to be something the lads who arranged that can do though?

Here's hoping the judge isn't willing to hear a test case in his court and tells HMRC to take it up with a club who can afford to fight the case rather than one on life support. The legal process for appealing it could give you enough time to find new investment of some sort.
Yeah agreed, it's just finding the idea to do something that will grab attention, something that isn't the same old sort of thing to happen when clubs get like this.

Yeah the legal process should give us enough time I hope, but that Rob Lloyd consortium seem to of completely disappeared and there's 1 or 2 African consortium's interested but I'm not sure I want another foreign owner who most likely doesn't have a clue as to what he's doing. :S

we're living beyond our means, most of us here are guilty of it. This is especially true for football teams. Spending money they do not have. It's one of the many reasons why we are in a recession as it is. Whilst it is unfortunate and sad that a top end team is facing liquidation. It was the club who was spending all that money and giving out high wages when they knew they couldn't afford it.

Put it this way, you have 50 pence in your pocket.. but you want a sweet, chocolate, alcohol or cigerettes that cost much more and giving the person behind the counter an I.O.U. But you keep doing this for a couple of years and eventually the person behind the counter has had enough and wants what they are owed. But you don't have that money so they take actions into their own hands. It's the same with portsmouth..just on a bigger scale.

Yeah agreed, it's just finding the idea to do something that will grab attention, something that isn't the same old sort of thing to happen when clubs get like this.

Yeah the legal process should give us enough time I hope, but that Rob Lloyd consortium seem to of completely disappeared and there's 1 or 2 African consortium's interested but I'm not sure I want another foreign owner who most likely doesn't have a clue as to what he's doing. :S

My view currently on that is any port in a storm but appreciate after Portsmouth's experiences you'd have a totally different outlook ;)

Get all your STs to turn up to the court room ****** and tell the judge to imagine that lot out on the town on a Saturday afternoon as they'd have nothing else to do :D

Good luck mate. Hopefully something will come up.

we're living beyond our means, most of us here are guilty of it. This is especially true for football teams. Spending money they do not have. It's one of the many reasons why we are in a recession as it is. Whilst it is unfortunate and sad that a top end team is facing liquidation. It was the club who was spending all that money and giving out high wages when they knew they couldn't afford it.

Put it this way, you have 50 pence in your pocket.. but you want a sweet, chocolate, alcohol or cigerettes that cost much more and giving the person behind the counter an I.O.U. But you keep doing this for a couple of years and eventually the person behind the counter has had enough and wants what they are owed. But you don't have that money so they take actions into their own hands. It's the same with portsmouth..just on a bigger scale.
true, and it doesnt help the the HMRC are tired of looking like mugs, so pompy are right in the firing line. HMRC are willing to risk the 6 million just to nail this image rights thing