Burkie7

Reaction score
I am playing with Portsmouth now for a challenge and am really enjoying it but just wondering when their transfer embargo gets lifted? I'm on 28 September now and its still not lifted and Liam Lawrence is out injured at the moment and have no cover for him so in desperate need of a player or two.

Also wondering for other people who picked Pompey who did you sign or get in on loan ?

Thanks.

Got loads of players on free n on the cheap luis bolanos for an extra wing n cant remember the rest, buxton or something to fill the goalkeeper void. Embargo should get lifted around end of sept early oct

I look towards youngsters on loan, and also players marked as backup/not needed, as they will join on loan too.

I thought the Embargo expired on November 1. At least it did in the Demo. Haven't played Pompey in the full version yet.

Ah noway don't think I can last till then without signing anyone have to use me reserve players just to have a full squad on match day.

Yeah, also i rememberd i signed sanago on loan with BO and smalling from man utd and another rb i think cant remember the name. Got rid of utaka for 0 at jan wage bill free'd finances up a bit

Thanks, Utaka won't sign contract extension but I agree 60 grand a week for a championship player is a joke but he is playing well for me at the moment.

try and sign Abubakiri Yakubu on a free, he can play right back and across the midfield, decent championship player, will ask for around £6k but can get him to accept £3k with a higher signing on fee.

Hey need an answer asap!!!how can i remove the embargo????????

Can remove it with fmrte but its pretty pointless as you cant afford anyone who isnt a free/loan anyway :D

Don't remove it.

It left on 30th September for me

It all depends what patch you are using. I was using the 1st one that came out. Managed to get Pompey promoted via the playoff route. You dont really have a budget even when the embargo does be lifted. I sold Utaka, Hreiddersson, Kitson and a few other payers in the reserves on decent money. You''ll need a left mid as matt ritchie is decent but not consistent enough, i got michael tongue and gueye on loan from everton both are very good and do a job. Danny Coid from Blackpool provides good cover for Mullins at right back. Bob Malcom on a free has decent stats as well. Up front signed Matty Fryatt on loan did a good job and also signed dawid nowak very consistent player and scores goals for fun.

Any other questions just ask, hope that helps.!!

You can get rid of the embargo.

I had it done before this new update yesterday, can't work out how to do it now!

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

Oh here you go

You will have to do it again for what ever update you are running. So open the transfer_embargo.edt in:

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\football manager 2011\data\updates\update-1120\db\1120\edt

And delete the line
"TRANSFER_EMBARGO" "Portsmouth" "30/06/2010" "30/09/2010" "01/01/1900"