Jordan Street

Reaction score
Has anybody else started a Portsmouth save? If so how are you finding it?
What kind of players have you brought in?
Cheers

ive started a game with Portsmouth, im finding it ok to be fair, i started the game from brazil 2011 so i had longer time at the club, hope its not cheating but if it was they wouldnt let u do it lol

ive got alot of loan signings from man u, aresenal etc lol Adam Pearson just took over lol

Sign Sidibe on loan from stoke and meyler from sunderland. Sign Lewis Price as GK as well

yeh im pompey 3 league games 1 win two lost booohooooo but beat plymouth 3-0 in cup signed pompey legends David james and Hermann Hreidarsson and also got Radek Cerny trying to get a striker with £4,000 wage or lower any suggestions?

when does the transfer embargo end for the club? doing my head in not being able to sign players

It's hard when you get to October, a lot of your players only have contracts until then.

when does the transfer embargo end for the club? doing my head in not being able to sign players

Yeah this ^

I'm in mid August and still unable to sign anyone. When will this end?

Mine went back to normal on the 30th August yet it still wouldn't let me spend any money.

0 transfer budget and the max I can offer any player was £90. Think I might start again.

yeh im pompey 3 league games 1 win two lost booohooooo but beat plymouth 3-0 in cup signed pompey legends David james and Hermann Hreidarsson and also got Radek Cerny trying to get a striker with £4,000 wage or lower any suggestions?

How have you got so much to spend on wages!? I also noticed on another thread that you said you had £5million transfer budget!!

my Portsmouth save im currently top of league one by about 13 points and in the jpt final and fa cup 5th round, im on a 30 game unbeaten streak aswell, its all good for me :)

Wanted a challenge so I started with pompey. Got taken over straight away but still the finical situation was terrible. No transfers budget or wage budget. Got a lot of decent loan players in to help beef up the squad a bit. Sitting 10th and then October came, didn't realise that all my best players were out of contact therefore I lost the likes of Howard and Williamson. It was probably the best thing which could of happened because it gave me some wages to play with. I signed George Boateng on a free who has been brilliant for me. I finished the season safe at 16th.

Season 2:
Once again transfer budget was £0 and wage budget had been slashed from 36k to 18k. Signed Michael Brown to partner Boateng. They are unstoppable! Ashley Harris is banging them in left right and centre! Gypes and Matthew Bates centre back. I have a great spine to my side. 20 games in and I'm 8th! 1 points off play-offs.

PLAY UP POMPEY, POMPEY PLAY UP!

I normally avoid getting into a pompey game till i've adjusted to each new FM, started a few weeks ago.. Currently in my 4th season. First season was tough, managed to finish 4th and get into the playoffs which fortunately i won and then won the championship in my 2nd season. Finished 9th in the Premiership and now i'm currently in the premiership and currently 7th 32 games into the season. Hogan Ephriam and Jay Tabb were 2 great loans in my first season, went on to buy Jay Tabb who was brilliant in the championship. I was extremely fortunate that i got bought out by a chinese business man and in the championship was given £12 mil to spend.. Then once in the premiership i've been given more than enough to progress.. Stupidly spent it in the first season though, didn't strengthen enough and ended up having to sign 34 year old CMs who weren't good enough, but did get a great goalscorer. This season i've strengthened with CM's and doing well, but could be doing better.

I normally avoid getting into a pompey game till i've adjusted to each new FM, started a few weeks ago.. Currently in my 4th season. First season was tough, managed to finish 4th and get into the playoffs which fortunately i won and then won the championship in my 2nd season. Finished 9th in the Premiership and now i'm currently in the premiership and currently 7th 32 games into the season. Hogan Ephriam and Jay Tabb were 2 great loans in my first season, went on to buy Jay Tabb who was brilliant in the championship. I was extremely fortunate that i got bought out by a chinese business man and in the championship was given £12 mil to spend.. Then once in the premiership i've been given more than enough to progress.. Stupidly spent it in the first season though, didn't strengthen enough and ended up having to sign 34 year old CMs who weren't good enough, but did get a great goalscorer. This season i've strengthened with CM's and doing well, but could be doing better.

Who did you sign in your first season? You have made massive progress, got to be one of the top players at this game, from what I have red, some people have got the sack lol during their first season. most people finish mid table.

Just wondering has anyone managed to find any players under 30, don't fancy signing these has beens! lol never my way, use to when I was younger tho thinking I had got some real quality in, then turns out there a pile of *****! lol.

Currently in my 2nd season with Pompey after I managed to gain promotion to the championship via a play-off spot.

Try and reduce your players wages ASAP in the beginning. I am not 100% sure but I think I let Russel, Buszaky and Walker leave quite early on.

A few decent loans I made were:
Hulse & Sidibe -> great target men
Zanetti & Rory Delap -> experienced midfielders
Lichaj and Garbut -> for a bit of rotational flexibility
Mikkel Andersen -> an AMAZING GK, seriously recommend him

Keeping morale high is extremely important to finish in a decent position.

Dude you got a tycoon takeover??can you upload the save??