• Views Views 9K
Pre-Season and August

Football-35890.jpg

Poor Pre-Season but doesn't matter
Secure some good players to bulk up the squad
Manage to tie Brian Howard down for the season

Transfers

View attachment 305784

So no-one left. I did try and off-load Michalik and McLeod but no-one wanted the, even for nothing!! Just wanted them off the wage bill but never mind. I did secure some pretty good signings, all the players I loaned in I'm not paying anything towards their wages. Piquionne is on £40k at West Ham LOL!! Used to play for the club too so nice of him to come back and try and help the club. Mamady Sidibe is also a very good striker for this level, actually had him last year on a Crawley save and he was a beast. Lichaj is a good full back who can play either RB or LB. Aziz Deen-Conteh is also a LB but can play all up that flank and at CB. Also his contract runs out at Chelsea after this season so hopefully we can sign him on a free. Luke Garbutt is also a LB and a very good looking youngster. I snapped up Andersen on loan as he's a very good keeper for this level. Mattis and Green were signed on a free purely to build up numbers.

Here's screenie's of the new boys:

View attachment 305788View attachment 305789View attachment 305790View attachment 305792View attachment 305793View attachment 305794View attachment 305795View attachment 305796

League

Portsmouth 3 - 2 Oldham

Walker, Thompson, Howard

View attachment 305797

Crewe 2 - 2 Portsmouth

Mellor OG, Lichaj

View attachment 305799

Portsmouth 1 - 1 Tranmere

Piquionne

View attachment 305800

--------------------------------------------------------------------

League Cup

1st Round

Portsmouth 2 - 1 Torquay

Harris, Piquionne

2nd Round

Sunderland 3 - 0 Portsmouth

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

So not a bad month, good win over Oldham but a disappointing result against Tranmere. We dominated every game apart from the Sunderland game which is why I signed Sidibe at the end of August. Brian Howard is our best player by far, he makes everything tick for us and we look much better when he's on the pitch.

Ashley Harris and Adam Webster look like good youngsters and it was good to see Harris pick up a goal this month too. This challenge is going to be monumental, probably my hardest on FM along with the Pentagon Challenge. Here's a screenie of our finances:

View attachment 305801

Our projected balance is... not good. We probably NEED promotion this year to even survive, but the money isn't much better in the Championship really.

Player of the Month

Brian Howard

2259425078.jpg

Just a boss, so happy to agree with him to extend his stay to the end of the year.

Table

View attachment 305802

Early on but not a bad start at all.​

Not doing to badly there mate, should turn it around in no time.

Update this weekend sorry lads been so busy

September

westwood.jpg

Great month as we charge up the table
Sidibe is a BEEAAAASSST
Darel Russell's contract runs out and wont sign a new one :(

League

Portsmouth 1 - 0 Bournemouth

Piquionne

Portsmouth 3 - 0 Carlisle

Sidibe, Howard, Harris

View attachment 306935

Portsmouth 2 - 1 Shrewsbury

Sidibe(2)

View attachment 306936

Doncaster 0 - 0 Portsmouth

Walsall 2 - 3 Portsmouth

Howard, Thompson, Sidibe

View attachment 306937

Stevenage 1 - 2 Portsmouth

Compton, Sidibe

View attachment 306938

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Johnstone's Paint Trophy South 1st Round

Cheltenham 0 - 1 Portsmouth

Howard

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

A stunning first month where we really hit the ground running. Brilliant wins over Stevenage, Carlisle and a good draw away to Doncaster. Sidibe is an absolute tank, Harris has been awesome, Webster has been brilliant at the back. To be honest the whole team have been awesome. The only bad thing is some players contracts have started expiring. Centre back Josh Thompson's ran out but I managed to tie him down till the end of the year but sadly Darel Russel who has been awesome has left after refusing to sign a new deal, I can only hope no-one signs him and he drops his wage demands so I can resign him.

Player of the Month

Mamady Sidibe

Mamady%20Sidibe_633639882581562500.jpg

View attachment 306943

Sensational player for this league, tearing it up and I'm not paying him a penny. Look at those stats, awesome.

Table

View attachment 306944

Fantastic stuff, lets hope we can keep up this form and get promoted.​

Last edited:
Sam, you called Pompey 'Southampton' in your September update a couple of times... it hurt to read that! Great start though!

Few players leaving and some nice signings this month... update tonight or tomorrow

October

Portsmouth-out-of-administration-36120.jpg

Players come and go but we keep on winning
Penalties seperate us and Oxford in the Cup
Takeover close!!!

Transfers

View attachment 308231

So the players who's contract ran out and didn't resign were Michalik, Rogers, McLeod, Compton, Eastwood and Walker. The players I actually wanted to stay were Compton and Walker but they weren't even interested. But it did reduce our wage bill a nice amount as Michalik and McLeod weren't even getting played and were on a fair bit.

So I signed Hreidarsson on a free, he's a club icon and very versatile and useful. I got Yeates, Dicker and Sparrow all in on loan till January. Sparrow is a good player and I wanted him in the summer but I couldn't afford to pay part of his wages but now can :D

View attachment 308240View attachment 308241View attachment 308242View attachment 308243

League

Portsmouth 2 - 1 Yeovil

Howard, Piquionne

Scunthorpe 2 - 4 Portsmouth

Buzsaky, Harris, Piquionne, Howard

View attachment 308246

Crawley 2 - 2 Portsmouth

Sidibe(2)

View attachment 308247

Portsmouth 1 - 1 Coventry

Harris

Hartlepool 1 - 2 Portsmouth

Yeates(2)

View attachment 308248

Bury 0 - 2 Portsmouth

Sidibe(2)

View attachment 308249

---------------------------------------------------------------

Johnstone's Paint Trophy South

2nd Round

Portsmouth 2 - 2 Oxford
Pompey win 3-2 on Pens

Ertl(2)

View attachment 308257

---------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

Another fantastic month in which we maintained our undefeated streak. Winning games we maybe should have dropped points at then drawing to Crawley and Coventry!! Coventry have been doing very well but Crawley are in the relegation zone!! But still Sidibe is bossing most games, Harris has stepped up and done very well and our new loanees are basically too good for this league. Yeates double against Hartlepool shows how important signing players when we lost some is.

Player of the Month

Ashley Harris

758280208.jpg

View attachment 308250

Young lad won Npower League 1 POTM and deservedly, scored 2 screamers and played very well at such a tender age.

Table

View attachment 308251

Running away with it a bit but can't get carried away, a few bad results and we could throw all our hard work away.​

Last edited:
People dont really seem interested in this :/ might do a Chelsea story instead then

what tactic do you use mate???I manage Portsmouth too but i cant win a match :/

what tactic do you use mate???I manage Portsmouth too but i cant win a match :/
Varied with opponent tbh and depends on what players you have. Normally a 4-2-3-1 attacking when playing against opponents weaker than us and a 4-2-3-1 with holding midfielders counter focus against strong opposition. I wouldnt have done so well without Sidibe really, hes a tank

Back