Portugal 1 - 0 Bosnia

belz

Reaction score
A second-half strike by Raul Meireles was enough to break Bosnian hearts and send 2006 semi-finalists Portugal through to the FIFA World Cup™ finals on Wednesday.
Portugal, once again without the injured Cristiano Ronaldo, had won a hard-fought first leg 1-0 courtesy of a close-range header by Bruno Alves on Saturday. Only the woodwork denied Bosnia-Herzegovina a goal in Lisbon but this was a more comfortable victory for the visitors, with Meireles' effort ensuring their fifth finals appearance at next year's showpiece in South Africa.

from http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/newsid=1136794.html#portugal+seal+south+africa+berth

dont even know if i can do this, but was too lazy to write it down

A game i would expect you to win. Glad your at the world cup

fair play mate. also had high expectations, and saw a poor win 2-0 (agg). i think everyone expects more of us, but it is good to see the team doing well without ronaldo

glad to see portugal in the finals.. gonna hava a chance to see ronaldo crying again.

I'm mean i know.

honestly i dont think we are mature enough to go thru the Cup, and win it, those bastards are too selfish. specially when 2 Porto players scored the goals that got us qualified. argh, the pain

True, portugal arguably has the skill, maybe not for a world cup final but diffinently to win a euro. What they lack is the attitude. They got loser writen on their forehead and you can tell that when they play important games.

boznia are not as bad as everybody thinks, they are a decent team but u should of won and u did, nice to have u there, hope england beat them for once

lol @ jasonf, loser written on their forehead? allow me to disagree, best player of the world, i always thought he was.. wait, he really is portuguese. ricardo carvalho, a loser? nani, a loser? the arguably portuguese liedson and pepe are losers? you should really re-check your definition of "loser" because i dont know what the **** you mean. immature team? yes, ofc, but that comes in great part from our Queiroz coach ;)

I don't fancy the Portuguese going further than Quarter Finals with Queiroz, however I don't fancy England going any further than that too

There is no WC without best player on the world (the one with shaved legs) so FIFA 1-Bosnia 0 but we never surrender and still stand proud

ronaldo aint the best player in the world, messi outclasses him in every way, where was ronaldos skill in the cl final.....

omg how the heck do bosnians still talk? all you did was kick our legs, even Dzeko, the star, what did he do? ze-ro

and gabonese, he won the prize didnt he? ;)

freaking haters

terrible stadium, i don't want to insult anyone from bosnia, but their stadium and supporters were ****. A 13 thousand stadium with 20 thousand people, supporters throwing stuff into the field (the assistant had to get ice in his head) and simao missed a ball due to the poor pitch

ronaldo aint the best player in the world, messi outclasses him in every way, where was ronaldos skill in the cl final.....
I never liked Ronaldo but I disagree. He was the only utd man up for it. Talk about work rate!

I never liked Ronaldo but I disagree. He was the only utd man up for it. Talk about work rate!

Ronaldo wasn't up for, he just shot from ridiculous distances and either put it wide or high, he didn't use the team. He obvisouly had Madrid in his head and was trying to leave United with a bang, however it wasn't Messi that was star for me, it is Xavi and Iniesta

ronaldo was and always will be class. he is the best player in the world, at utd or not, just look at what he did in them first 9 games for madrid.

and look at messi at argentina

Well done to Portugal, makes it more interesting with them there :) But I don't think Quieroz is the man for the job personally :S

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

ronaldo was and always will be class. he is the best player in the world, at utd or not, just look at what he did in them first 9 games for madrid.

and look at messi at argentina
Agreed

Ronaldo wasn't up for, he just shot from ridiculous distances and either put it wide or high, he didn't use the team. He obvisouly had Madrid in his head and was trying to leave United with a bang, however it wasn't Messi that was star for me, it is Xavi and Iniesta
Sounds weird but I agree. He would have been thinking of madrid but also about Xavi and Iniesta. Everyone always thinks midfielders. Ronaldo! Kaka! Messi! Not the people who put the ball through to them.

Ronaldo was probably our best outfield player in the champions league final.^^)