Votes: 4 28.6%
  • SC Braga

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Either this: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/english-football/58507-confirmed-transfers-thread-2011-2012-a-11.html (I know it's in the England board, but Worldwide transfers are posted there) or this thread: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/rest/76194-portugal-2011-12-a.html will suffice for transfers in Portugal.

Maybe BBC Sports threads could be moved (or even deleted) as well... Dozens of threads with 0 replies and few views are kept, but a thread which has even more interaction is moved to other. But I guess you're right

sporting beat juventus 2-1. first real game of a portuguese team this preseason.

champions_league_logo_black.png

UEFA Champions League

3rd knock-out round
1st LEG

SL Benfica 2-0 Trabzonspor
Nolito
N. Gaitan

GOALS

Trabzonspor v SL Benfica
3rd August

images

UEFA Europa League

3rd knock-out round

CD Nacional 3-0 BK Hacken
L. Alberto
Mateus (2)
GOALS

BK Hacken v CD Nacional
4th August

FC Midtjylland 0-0 V. Guimaraes

V. Guimaraes v FC Midtjylland
4th August

Last edited:
wow good thread, come on Rio Ave!

Fox Soccer said:
The Venezuela-born Spain Under-21 forward has reportedly left Barca's pre-season tour of the United States in order to finalise the transfer, believed to be worth around five million euros.
Jeffren looks set to undergo a medical in Portugal before signing a five-year contract.
He told Portuguese newspaper A Bola: "It is almost all right.
"I go with high hopes. Sporting is a great club where I can play with the regularity that does not happen in Barcelona and also where I can fight for titles.
"I will chase these targets, not only in Portugal but I think in the Europa League we can also have good results.''
Jeffren passed up the chance to move to Udinese last month as part of the deal which saw the European champions sign Chile winger Alexis Sanchez, with Barca instead affording the 23-year-old the chance to find a club that best suited him as he sought regular first-team football.
Barca coach Pep Guardiola told El Pais: ``This was a mutual decision between the player and me. I told him if he wanted to play more, the best thing was for him to leave.
"For his age, he has to play. There could be three years without participating. The best thing for him is to leave, so that he can play more.
"His behaviour has been exemplary. I wish him all the luck in the world.
"He came through with us to the first team and has really helped us in everything. We appreciate everything he has done.''

Barca forward Jeffren to join Sporting - La Liga News | FOX Sports on MSN

Any thoughts? Is this a good transfer for Sporting Lisbon?

Jeffren a good deal? .. No, an excellent deal... ~~ If he will show his potential, we do not know...

Poll Added to Thread
Thanks to: Lee

champions_league_logo_black.png

UEFA Champions League

Play-off DRAW

FC Twente v SL Benfica
1st Leg - 16th August (Gelsenkirchen)
2nd Leg - 23rd August (Lisbon)

images

UEFA Europa League

Play-off DRAW

FC Nordsjaelland - Sporting CP
1st Leg - 18th August (Farum)
2nd Leg - 25th August (Lisbon)

SC Braga - BSC Young Boys
1st Leg - 18th August (Braga)
2nd Leg - 25th August (Bern)

Atletico Madrid - Vit. Guimaraes
1st Leg - 18th August (Madrid)
2nd Leg - 25th August (Guimaraes)

CD Nacional - Birmingham City FC

1st Leg - 18th August (Funchal)
2nd Leg - 25th August (Birmingham)

Too many wingers at the wrong side of Lisbon I reckon. That said, I know we have too many CM's, shut it :p

Dear followers:
I'm out in holidays and won't be able to update until the 20th August.
Sorry for any inconvenience

And we are in. Axel Witsel it's pure class.

THE END​

All Good things come to an End.

It is with sadness but hope that I announce that this thread has ended, just as my work at FM Base. I thought I could keep up with school but I really don't have the time, so there's no use in leaving this thread alive. This year I have my last year at high school, English classes, as I'm taking the CAE in English at the end of the year, German classes, swimming lessons and driving lessons.

I'll stay around FMBase, obviously, but can't really keep this thread updated. I'm proud of this thread, which was the reason to the creation of many others like this (Spain, Germany, Italy, etc). I'm proud of my work, and know I did my best. The only thing that disappoints me is the fact that sometimes, I'd just leave this for dead. And, obviously, having to give up on a work which I put so much effort at.

I encourage anyone who's interested in reviving the portuguese football in this forum, starting a new thread. You can use everything I have in here, the concept, layout and info. All I can do is to thank you for that.

Keep our football alive, portuguese lads!
Trust it is better than it is said to be, everyone else!

BENFICA FOREVER

Status
Not open for further replies.