Opacus

Reaction score
POSESSED Plug & Play

My attempt at making a plug & play tactic. Tips and constructive criticism welcome. Published it perhaps a bit prematurely, but i felt it´s solid enough to share. Please share your results in this thread, perhaps we can tweak it together?
Play posession football, agressive pressing when loss of posession, and slowly building up play from behind waiting for an opening. Narrow mentality, but with overlapping fullbacks joining the attack when it´s safe, with the result of a very stretched opponent´s defensive line. Holes like a swiss cheese.

Formation:

View attachment 206983

Brief explanation of the roles:

CDs are meant to work as a pair. One attacking the opponent with the ball, and the other staying as cover for him. No special instructions.
Fullbacks have the Wing Back role (Support) with aim to be careful in their approach, but go forward when team is safely in posession of the ball. Special Instruction: Get further forward. They have to be fast, and able to cross the ball. Natural Fitness and Stamina helps a lot too, because their role demands a lot of running.
Defensive Mids: Quite simply the first line of defense. Main goal is to regain posession fast. The Defending one is self explanatory - a defender in front of the defense, able to harass opponents and regaining posession fast. The support one does the same, but a bit higher up the field.
Box to Box mid: The link between defense and attack. I tried this tactic first with him as a normal CM, but the BBM is highly effectice in tying up lots of opponents with his running, making huge spaces for the attack to play with.
False 9: Comes deep to pick up the ball, and creates chances either for himself, or for his attacking partners. Greatly utilizes the huge spaces created by the BBMs runs.
Inside Forwards: A quite free role, they can choose from cutting inside and shooting themselves, crossing, or using an overlap from the wing back. Left one needs to be RIGHT footed, right one needs to be LEFT footed. Not 100% mandatory, but it certainly helps with getting their shots on target.

Basically, on the attack, this attacking setup allows for a lot of freedom for your players, making it unpredictable and hard to pick up for the defense. I´ve seen 6-7 red cards being given due to tackles from behind so far this season, which is more than i´ve seen in previous versions of FM and with other tactics. Another thing to note - with the two DMs position, this tactic wins most of the opponent´s long clearances and goal kicks.

Training:
Load tactic into all three slots and use HEAVY on tactical training until the tactic is fluid. Match tactics as match tactics, when tactic is fluid use Defensive Positioning always.

OIs:
Playmakers and Target men:
Tight Marking, Hard Tackling, Weaker Foot
Wingers and Wide Midfielder: Closing Down, Hard Tackling, Weaker Foot

Usually around 50-70% posession, don´t think I´ve seen it below 50.

Be gentle with me, it´s my first time :)

SCROLL TO TOP FOR DOWNLOAD LINK

Last edited:
And off course. Big credit to Mr. Langvatn for corner and set piece routines.

Thank you for sharing Opacus.
I Will start a save tomorrow and test this with Newcastle and report back!

seems you have better luck Away than at home lol

I have found that this is often the case in this fm and I think it is due to the slow tempo play. Giving the away team too much time to adjust their wall of defense all the time.

I have found that this is often the case in this fm and I think it is due to the slow tempo play. Giving the away team too much time to adjust their wall of defense all the time.

so basically upping the tempo for away games should help?....hmm

so basically upping the tempo for away games should help?....hmm

No for home games, i up the tempo till i score mostly. Then go slower becausethey will leave holes to find an equalizer

What does the read marker Means - that says examination?

Been trying this recently and have had great success with it