Posh sack Cooper Already!

• Thread starter Thread starter JP Woody
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 32
  • Views Views 2K
Should never of sacked Ferguson, he would of saved them in my opinion. Whoever is behind it, certainly has no idea about football.

Another Championship manager sacked, far too many so far this season.

To be fair a few good appointments, the new guy at Barnsley is doing really, Irvine is doing well at Sheff Wed and Fergie Jnr is doing alright himself, its mainly QPR.

To be fair a few good appointments, the new guy at Barnsley is doing really, Irvine is doing well at Sheff Wed and Fergie Jnr is doing alright himself, its mainly QPR.
Yeah I know, what I was saying is that manager's aren't being given enough time.

But yeah, manager's that are getting sacked like Irvine and Ferguson are moving on to teams and doing well so they aren't turning out like Southgate and being a failure.

Does anybody remember what Paul Jewell done at Wigan?? He brought them up from nowhere because the chairmen/owners had faith. Obviously a good start keeps the board happy but time at any club is needed. SAF and Wenger are great examples of their superiors keeping the faith. Too much greed in modern football, we will hardly see a small club make it big in this modern way of thinking.

Whats he done wrong. That 4-4 draw with Cardiff was brilliant. I'd take him at County!

Sam, I think you would take anybody at the rate County are going lol :P

Does anybody remember what Paul Jewell done at Wigan?? He brought them up from nowhere because the chairmen/owners had faith. Obviously a good start keeps the board happy but time at any club is needed. SAF and Wenger are great examples of their superiors keeping the faith. Too much greed in modern football, we will hardly see a small club make it big in this modern way of thinking.

Paul Jewell had money. Quite alot of it for that level infact.

they come to hillsborough and looked shoking its the players there not championship standard players apart from the odd few examples: george boyd aaron mclean but even mclean was on the bench !!!

in league 1 they brought in loads of players from the lower leagues like mclean from grays if im right and it got them out of that league but they havent improved since coming up to the championship there signing players again from league 2 what can they expect....

they were doomed even with ferguson in charge so why didnt they just stay with this lad.

Sacking Ferguson was big mistake to make he is good manager and he just needed time. I am personally glad that Peterbrough are failing sacking a manager who got back to back promotions was laughble and not that he is at Preston makes their decision a joke IMO.

umm, you lot need to get your facts right!!!!!!

To start with ferguson did well, actually great, to get us to the championship. my opinion we did it to quickly but ive enjoyed the experience.

did posh sack ferguson???? it was agreed by both parties that it would be best if he left, the chairman admitted that he should of let ferguson leave in the summer when he wanted to, ferguson wanted to leave to join a bigger club. the chairman has a belief of keeping his best players and staff but realised that it was causing the team more harm than good.

cooper- nice bloke but it dont win you games, i think the step up for him was too big. the football was poor.
He was sacked, but the chairman believed that we still had a chance of staying up thats why we employed gannon, we wanted gannon earlier but was unavalible. since gannon has taken over we have done better and the football has been enjoyable, his stats are pretty good considering we are bottom, hopefully he will sign a contract beyond the end of the season.

barry fry- not much too say, personally i think he would be better away from the club, but the chairman sticks by him to deal with transfers and agents only, on the other hand the best thing he did was stick us on tv, the chairman saw it and brought us, otherwise we would still be in league 2 with attendances of 3500.

Even though most of you have slated our little club, we are proud, and the true posh fans are happy to keep supporting it through thick and thin, we have never said we are bigger than what we are.
look at leeds for example, you "were" a big club but at present you are just a league one side with history.

anyway no club is perfect, and if you believe everything in the news, well........ enough said.

only just logged on, first time in ages, some of the comments were poor so had to have my say :)

Back