coolestrock

Reaction score
I've just downloaded Genie scout for the first time , and one thing ive noticed is the position percentage it gives is different to the various role percentages for that position, so that got me thinking, what is more important to look for,, a player whose position value is greater than the role , or the other way round , ive got players with much better positional percentages than others, but when i look at the roles , the lower position percentage player has better percentages in a particular role.

Does anyone have a good knowledge on this please. Even if its just using the scout reports in the game, is it better to look at role or position ?

I'm not sure I get your question but say a limited defender put in the DMC position, he would be much more adept to playing anchor man than deep lying playmaker.

I rarely need a new "cm", but I often think I need a new Kanté/hard working tackling midfielder. And then I buy someone who has those traits, I wouldn't use David Silva there even tho he has better "PA or CA" than the Kanté I need.

I'm not sure I get your question but say a limited defender put in the DMC position, he would be much more adept to playing anchor man than deep lying playmaker.

I rarely need a new "cm", but I often think I need a new Kanté/hard working tackling midfielder. And then I buy someone who has those traits, I wouldn't use David Silva there even tho he has better "PA or CA" than the Kanté I need.

so look for the role rather than the position , sometimes on Genie scout you can get a mid central with 80% but his role for say CM can be about 70% ,, whereas ive got another player whose mid central positional rating is 73% and his CM role percentage is 73% ,, are you saying ignore the higher positional player in favour of the lower one because his role percentage is higher,

if you've never used genie scout you probably will have no idea what i'm asking with the percentages :D

I havent used the scout no, but I have seen some pics and I know there are hiddens "stats" like these.
How well a player fits his role is marked with a green cake-symbol thingy, if you train your players in a role that arent his natural you can fill the cake-chart full pretty fast if he is the right kinda player for it.

Young players can learn new positions easily but it takes away from their potential (according to guidetofm.com)
So I look for stats and usually their most natural roles are exactly what I'm looking for. a CM with tackling,work rate,stamina is normally a CM(d) or BWM (s) natural.
just like vision,passing,technique,anticip makes a good AP.

Without having ever used genie scout or anything similar, I'd say definitely take the player who is better for the role. It would be easier to retrain say a centre back who is okay in centre midfield to play as a Ball Winning Midfielder, than an Advanced Playmaker who is fully comfortable in centre midfield to play the same ball winning role.

I generally use the best for the role stats wise, and train him to the position, for instance Sissoko is my BBM at Newcastle, 8.09 avg for the season. He's like our yaya toure/kante player.

The best position for him allegedly is winger

I'd suggest that you look at the attributes, it tells everything :)

I agree with Dannad24, it would be the best to look at the actual attributes than any rating because I find that the ratings are useless.