Reaction score
A couple of questions regarding these if anyone can help

How important actually are they?

If a player is an accomplished (cm) and only has half an orange circle on a specific role (mezella) can you still play him there if he has the right attributes or is this always an absolute no chance ?

If you train and play a player for a role he only has half an orange circle can that change to green?

If a player is a natural LW but can’t play LM at all and I start to train and play him there. What level could he get to in that position. Will he end up a natural LM with a green circle on the role Or choose or just accomplished with half an orange circle. ?

Is any of this even necessary or can a player still thrive without the position training. ?

Apologies for long questions

Appreciate any reply’s thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I pay very little attention to the "rating" in a position. They are the games interpretation of the players skills. They can be misleading.

Look at what attributes the role requires. Does the player have those? If they do, they should succeed. The game might not like them there because they aren't natural at that position. Or if they are natural, it might say they are better at a different role. But a lot of roles for a given position have requirement overlap so them being "better" at the role the game tells you might be down to literally 1 or 2 attributes.

For example, you have a well-rounded DM. The game looks at his attributes and interprets them to say he's best used as a Ball Winning Mid, or a Defensive Mid, or an Anchor Man. He has good defensive skills so that makes sense. But he's not a purely defensive player. Has pretty good Passing, First Touch, Technique, Vision. He will function pretty well as passing DM, like a Deep Lying Playmaker. Its not what the game will pick out, but he will be fine there.

If they are already natural at the position, training them for the specific role may make them more "suited to it" (according to the game), but not always. Again, not really something to worry about.

For players who aren't natural to the position, retraining them will make them more natural there but they may never become fully natural. Some hidden attributes come into play. You will get coaches reports with info on that.

Thinking that a player a can't play a role because of what the green circles say is a common misconception, but its really only one step ahead of putting all the roles and duties in your tactic to what each player "does best". That's not a tactical at all, really.

Cheers for the reply, helps me out. I had the same opinion on playing in different roles. If the attributes are good enough then why should it be a problem. Just wanted another view on it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk