aussie

Reaction score
This one is probably for raikan007 or one of the other fm encyclopedias......

So at the moment i'm playing with four at the back the dl and dr both full backs support.

I want to, however have a tactic for late in the game, where i play with 3 center backs. I would like to use my DL and DR in the central three. They both have fairly good attributes for a center back, however they come up red in the position.....

My question is, will it have an adverse affect on their current playing abilities or PA training them in this position, when they would only really be playing it in the latter stages of a game when i'm trying to get a result.....

If they're training a position then they'll be spending less time training for their stats, so could slow down their progress. If they're fully developed then I don't see why it should make be harmful though. One thing that does come to mind, though, is that if you stop training them on the position (e.g. to allow them to focus more on the stat building part of training), and you're only playing them in those positions when you're chasing a win then you might find they forget the position if you're not chasing the win often.

Had a couple of players training up to be left backs to provide cover for my main two. When the main two were fit and healthy, and I could rotate them for a prolonged period, the two back up players forgot how to be left backs and all the position training was effectively wasted.