kydavies

Reaction score
Hey there I wonder if anyone can help,I'm I need of a decent ball winning midfielder but I'm seriously lacking any good ones in my game and don't really wanna spend 50 60 mill on a player that never lives up to the price tag.

I'm playing 4-2-3-1 with my central midfielders eithier roaming playmaker (s) and dlp(d)or AP(s) and a DLP(d),as you can see I'm playing a DLP as I ain't got a good ball winner I feel I need one to retrieve position further up the pitch as I am playing in a few to many high scoring games.

Any help would be welcomed thanks all.

So what are you actually asking??

Hey there I wonder if anyone can help,I'm I need of a decent ball winning midfielder but I'm seriously lacking any good ones in my game and don't really wanna spend 50 60 mill on a player that never lives up to the price tag.

I'm playing 4-2-3-1 with my central midfielders eithier roaming playmaker (s) and dlp(d)or AP(s) and a DLP(d),as you can see I'm playing a DLP as I ain't got a good ball winner I feel I need one to retrieve position further up the pitch as I am playing in a few to many high scoring games.

Any help would be welcomed thanks all.

Which team are you, and what players do you have in your squad at the minute?

I'm Man Utd and currently using verrati as my AP and Blind as my DLP,I did by Romero but doesn't seem to have good ratings as a BW or a DLP so I rotating him with Verrati and playing him as a Roaming PM.basically either what combinations would work so I win the ball further up the pitch or players that are good BW.thanks all.

Also Amartey looks the deal but abit apprehensive as I bought Romero to do the job of being a ball winner but couldnt.

Which Romero? Because Gil and Lucas are both beast. Onazi and kranevitter are both good too

Sorry mate,it was lucas Romero, no I seem gil but read he is better fit as a box to box and kranvitter is beastly but as I click on cm his rating drops,as scouted in depth.

Romero is horrible beast as a Box-to-Box midfielder.

If you want to use a BWM, try to ensure that you have a more adventurous player next to him (CM - Attack?), especially if you want a BWM at Defend duty. Else, too many long balls, and two players trying to occupy the same space. You need someone to carry it upfront, a BW will lay out short passes and break up play.

If you want a devastating BWM, try Kyriakos Papadopoulous. He is a monster. If his RC is still present, snap him up. Victor Wanyama is another good shout. Have you sold Fellaini? He's actually another good shout, although much, much better as Box-to-Box.

You didn't mention what year you are at..

I'm two years in muk forgot about wanyama, yeah sold felliani as I though Romero would be better for the future.

I'm funding it difficult cos the best ball winners are dmc which they would be but was hoping to find one that his primary position is cm.il have a look at papadoupolis when I get home need to crack on now see just can't continue until I know exactly the way forward to stop goals being leaked.thanks all.

I'm two years in muk forgot about wanyama, yeah sold felliani as I though Romero would be better for the future.

I'm funding it difficult cos the best ball winners are dmc which they would be but was hoping to find one that his primary position is cm.il have a look at papadoupolis when I get home need to crack on now see just can't continue until I know exactly the way forward to stop goals being leaked.thanks all.

Why would it matter if they are DMC? Just retrain them to CM.. Heck, Papadopoulous is DC, but is the best BWM I've seen ingame. As long as the player is accomplished at CM, he'll give good performances (Papadopoulous - you'll have train him to CM). If you're using the latest DB, Andres Cubas is a youngster who is decent, depending on how he has developed in your save. Another player to look at is Javi Martinez, who can play anywhere through CM, CDM and CB.

Fairplay sherky good points there muk about retraining them I could do that I'm not on fm15 to realise how to get over problems and retraining is one that van help just look for players with attributes that suit bwm and retrain them,cheers muk.

As for javi he was first pick till I realised madrid snapped him up last season he wouldn't of come anyway due to my first season back in Champs league cheers muk.