positional training: accomplished > natural

manutilidie

Reaction score
in my sunderland game i have cana and gago as my centre midfielders. they are both accomplished in the centre midfield role, but i would prefer them to be naturals in this position. if i put them on positional training and play them every week in this position, if possible, when can i expect them to become naturals? what affects a players ability to go from accomplished to natural?

in my sunderland game i have cana and gago as my centre midfielders. they are both accomplished in the centre midfield role, but i would prefer them to be naturals in this position. if i put them on positional training and play them every week in this position, if possible, when can i expect them to become naturals? what affects a players ability to go from accomplished to natural?

In my liverpool game it took about half season to a full season for some of my players to turn to natural

What picosq said, it takes months/ years to train a player into his natural position, although there will be little difference in performance whether he's playing natural or in an accomplished position.

its depends on the versaltility, (hidden attribute) and the mental abilities ie determination, professional manner of the player. those who are naturally versatile, for example, rooney, will learn quicker than others. personally i trained modric and valencia from natural left and right wingers to natural left and rights mids. modric took a season to be a natural left mid, valencia took nearly two season to be a natural right mid.

thanks for the responses, as long as it happens eventually i'm happy!