Possesion football,How to make the most of it?

Reggaezal

Reaction score
I have read and went through the TT&F documents and set my tactics the way i want it to be. I play a simple 4-4-1-1 formation, currently trying to get a good attacking midfielder and striker relation(Only god knows how torres and gerrard work together so well).

I have set closing down, mentality and creative freedom for each player and i find that without using counter attack option my team plays a very possesive based football. They keep possesion untill my centrebacks are well over the midfield line and my team is attacking in the final third of the pitch. But that is all they do, i get 3 goals over beijing when i used to destroy them 12-0.

How to make most of my possesion? So far i have made like 4 signings and sold a couple of players so my team is unsettled to a certain extent, but even though that cant explain why i lack 10 goals. Can someone explain to me the basics of possesion football and how it is meant to be played? I know many teams who keep play at the final third and score quite alot of goals.