Possession Football Philosophy - The board's being snooty

Kwarkzak

Reaction score
"We have seen signs of an attempt to play a possession-based game and while it may suffice for now, it would be a disappointment were it not to improve."

The 'signs' they're talking about, are probably all those matches where we had 55-60% possession and won cleanly with a few goals, a clean sheet and denying the opposition shots on goal. If they're expecting me to have 60+% possession, and win with a five goal difference, they better sign me Messi.

I suppose it's bugged? Or am I overlooking something?

Cheers!

They're saying the exact same thing to me. Not sure if this matters, but I was only granted the proposal 4 months ago.

Yup, it rarely goes beyond 50% except at start. Playing with Chelsea I had 60%+ possession for most matches (except some tough ones) and even had ~70% in a few, yet it remains at that. Don't know what they want, 90%+? :/

I suppose it's bugged then. That's a shame. It doesn't appear to hurt job stability, though.

I think it improves if you keep it up for a long time,I was playing extremely attacking football on one of my saves, and leagues top scorers etc but it didn't go up till they were extremely happy until about 2 years time

I suppose it's bugged then. That's a shame. It doesn't appear to hurt job stability, though.

It will never HURT your job security. Philosophies ONLY improve your job security, they act as an incentive only. So we may as well stick to it and see like conorc98 suggests. I read that from an SI employee.

You can easily ask them to forget about particular philosophies (easily as in my experience they always agree).

You can easily ask them to forget about particular philosophies (easily as in my experience they always agree).
Depends on board, Barcelona board would never forget it, I was at Chelsea and they didn't too.

Its not bugged from what i know but possession football requires quality players with a good tactic with slow tempo. I downloaded such a tactic from another forum & it works wonders for me. At least 60% & can get to 70% against other teams. That also means your solid at the back. My philosophy is set at attacking football & its all full because i still create lots of scoring chances than the opposition. In all my saves it takes about 2-3 months at most for the board to be happy with my chosen philosophy

No problems for me. I play a high-tempo short-passing possession game. Usually get around the 60% possession mark.