andym1690

Reaction score
i know its not everything and im still doing ok in games, but i like possession football i seem to be struggling abit in this years game in alot of games i only seem to be getting between 47 and 49% of the ball im not sure where im going wrong or what my problem seems to be if anyone as any thoughts or can help me it would be great thanks here is my tactic. i have tried with work ball into box on as well but hasnt made any real difference.im just not sure where im going wrong so any help and feedback would be great thanks

View attachment 113827View attachment 113826

Consider dropping your mentality to counter or even defensive. Players will then be more cautious with their passes. If you decide to do so, I will also drop TI play out of defence and shorter passing. Both TIs will further slow your buildup play.

will that still let me create the chances going forward if i do that i still want to control the game but also be effective in attack just trying to get the balance right i am creating alot of chances well alot of shots its just annoying why im only getting 47-49% of the ball with my setup

im using falchion v3 and the 3 man midfield means plenty of possession,i am consistently hitting 60% every game.tempo also has an effect,obviously a quicker tempo means more mistakes in theory and shorter passing will bring greater possession stats but not necessarily meaning it will be effective at winning games.creating a great tactic is all about finding the right balance.

yea im trying to get the right balance but its just annoying me at my possession stats even against weaker teams they seem to more possession of the ball going by the stats. my attacks seem to mostly come from my wingers which i do have on attack which is ok but mabey if i change to play more narrow will that help my possession?

do your wide midfielders and strikers have the shoot less often instruction?

A couple of thoughts...

-vasilli07 has a good suggestion. A good way to look at the Mentality is how risky you want the side to play. Control is still relatively risky. If you want to hold onto the ball, it makes sense to scale back the risky factor a bit.

-dropping the tempo can help as well as the players will be more selective in their passing.

-do you keep both wingers on Attack? Do you find they get forward a lot, to the point where they are not effective passing options for the DLP? That might be something to watch for. Support might be more effective.

-giving the roles you have, you might be restricting the ball movement a bit with the shorter passing. Mixed might be more effective at times. Both of your wingers are going to be pretty aggressive on attack, and the BBM seems to more aggressive on FM17, so if those 3 passing options are outside of the DLP's passing range allowed by the Passing setting, he might be moving it sideways to the fullback or backwards to the DCs. Something to watch for.

A couple of thoughts...

-vasilli07 has a good suggestion. A good way to look at the Mentality is how risky you want the side to play. Control is still relatively risky. If you want to hold onto the ball, it makes sense to scale back the risky factor a bit.

-dropping the tempo can help as well as the players will be more selective in their passing.

-do you keep both wingers on Attack? Do you find they get forward a lot, to the point where they are not effective passing options for the DLP? That might be something to watch for. Support might be more effective.

-giving the roles you have, you might be restricting the ball movement a bit with the shorter passing. Mixed might be more effective at times. Both of your wingers are going to be pretty aggressive on attack, and the BBM seems to more aggressive on FM17, so if those 3 passing options are outside of the DLP's passing range allowed by the Passing setting, he might be moving it sideways to the fullback or backwards to the DCs. Something to watch for.

yea have both wingers on attack the idea was to run and get the ball in for my forwards and am or for my bbm and to be abit more aggresive in attack but i could try on support see how that goes. mabey try mixed passing also or mabey even change my dlp passing options to more direct see how that goes

yea have both wingers on attack the idea was to run and get the ball in for my forwards and am or for my bbm and to be abit more aggresive in attack but i could try on support see how that goes. mabey try mixed passing also or mabey even change my dlp passing options to more direct see how that goes

You are basically mixing together wanting to hold onto the ball with wanting to attack quickly and get vertical. They are not entirely exclusive but its hard to do both. Drop the mentality a level or two, scale back a few of the roles, and you should see a difference. Don't change everything all at once, though. Tweak and watch.

i think, u can use formation 4-1-2-2-1 or 2-3-2-2-1. and setting short pass.

Have you tried to apply "Retain Possession" TI? It might help to increase your possession

I think you should've little bit changing. If you want more keep your possession, you must adjust your tempo even slower, and control philosophy rather than defensive or the other. And your TI activate retain possesion and short passes, and in the goal kick you have t adjust your keeper pass to the CB with short passes in PI