Ghost77

Reaction score
Hi there,

in FM 2011 I managed to take Boreham Wood Fc (BSS) to Premier League in 7 seasons (mixed and not very thoughtout tactics, amazing transfers and tons of luck). Now I am going to try it again in 2013, but I am wondering if I should use my favourite possession tactics. Last year I tweaked these tactics to perfection - but with teams from Championship and above. Of course players from BWFC have no technical attributes a I suggest it could be a big mess..

Please don't post me any tactics, I just want to know you opinions.. Do you think it's worthy to try adopt it in this level or should I go directly for more rigid and direct tactics which are generally more suitable for these teams?

Thanks fellas,

Cheers from Czech Rep.

Oh, forever alone..:D

Well, you are asking us if an approach you used in an old edition and of which you have told us noting about - will work with a team most people know nothing about.

My answer to this is - I have no idea.

Well, you are asking us if an approach you used in an old edition and of which you have told us noting about - will work with a team most people know nothing about.

My answer to this is - I have no idea.

I am glad you're "patient moderator" :) I wrote it wrong. My question is more general. The tactic from the old edition was kind of accidental 4-4-2 (not possession), I played it like an arcade and didn't think much about it.. The possession tactic came to my mind after this game, when I spent much more time with it.. So I am asking if is it generally successful to use possession tactic in these low levels of football.

About the players.. in average they have 8 in technical atts., but much better physical and mental atts., most of the teams are the same.

Thanks, mate

I would say that you should play your team to their strengths, if that means playing a directs style of football , so be it. If you do decide to play possession football it is likely that when you move up the leagues, due to your inferior squad, you will not have the players to continue to play a possession game.

Just my opinion. Play how you want to.