ssergio

Reaction score
I really love possession football and I’ve been playing fm since fm11. In all these years I only found 2 tactics that worked and emulated the tiki taka philosophy if you want(more than 60% average possession , goals , wins etc.) I just bought fm 20 and wanted to create this thread where we can gather all the possession based tactics for this years game .

Bonjour à tous, je suis dans la meme recherche que toi. As tu trouve du nouveau?

tiki taka tactic from passion4fm is good :) it will take some time before it works.. but if it is gonna work, you will see some **** good football ;) i have almost 65 /70% possession each game

ok c'est super mais est ce une tactique qui fait gagner? tu a un lien pour la tactique de passion fm ?

Anyone can make a possession tactic by choosing some of the following:
  • Conservative mentality
  • Wide formation with one striker
  • Shorter passing
  • Play out of defense
  • Dribble less
  • Work ball into box
  • Urgent pressing
  • Prevent short GK distribution
  • Using lots of support duties
  • Telling players to cross less often
  • Slower tempo
  • Short corners
  • Short throws
Getting goals out of this type of setup will require technical players with good passing, vision, acceleration, anticipation, decisions, and off the ball movement.

The biggest impediment to possession in FM20 is that underdog teams love to waste time and pass around the back between GK and defenders. Even an urgent pressing tactic will have trouble preventing this, so you need quick ST, AMR, AML players with high work rate to really disrupt those passing lanes and prevent the opposition GK from having 60-80 passes in a game.