Possibility of upgrading from amateur to pro

Hjaltidal

Reaction score
I am managing Durham city in the northern league division one, an di read in another post that some amateur teams cant upgrade to semi, and later pro.. does that go for all amateur teams or just for some, and in that case, does anyone know if thats the case for Durham, because i do not see a point in keeping playing if it is.

thanks in advance

I am managing Durham city in the northern league division one, an di read in another post that some amateur teams cant upgrade to semi, and later pro.. does that go for all amateur teams or just for some, and in that case, does anyone know if thats the case for Durham, because i do not see a point in keeping playing if it is.

thanks in advance

Normally once you get promoted if that division is filled with semi pro teams then your board will make your team semi pro (so long you not ridiculously in debt) as for the team that cant upgrade from amateur that is just Queens Park due too the history of the club if you look for the club you will see that their 'motto' has something too do with playing as an amateur, I would imagine its the reason why they never progressed with the two other glasgow giants so I dont think you should be too worried just get a promotion or two and I would imagine you'd be fine

Whenever I've managed at the lowest level of English Football within the pyramid I've downloaded (Level 9), as soon as I've moved up to Level 8 I've become semi-pro, regardless of who I've managed. I've done it with Aylesbury United, Wembley and Kidlington, same thing has happened.