cjtoon

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am a contributor for whatculture . com and in anticipation of FM 2014 i have been thinking of the potential challenges that we could all be looking forward to on the new game. i know there are the obvious ones like the pentagon challenge which will always make the list but which others are we all looking forward to?

I know a few people will be looking forward to managing Pompey and trying to get them back to the premier league. Others (myself included) like to start unemployed & unproven and see where i end up. You have the challenge of trying to become the richest club in the world with a minnow. The andorra Challenge, the list is effectively endless.

I am going to be putting an article together tomorrow so thought i would try and gather some feedback from a very active community. I will be looking to write something like "10 Challenges to conquer on FM 2014".

I think my first challenge will be blue square north/south to European glory (hopefully).

So what about you guys? any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

I've always liked the idea of trying to take the Italian League and bringing it back to where it was in the 90's. Twould mean managing 3-4 clubs in Italy over a 15+ season period, prioritizing sales to domestic clubs and making the Serie B + C stronger. I've always felt that another real challenging scenario is a 'no signings' challenge. Rely purely on your U18 and academe intake to keep the squad ticking over.

Brendn,

I think the 'no signings' challenge is definitely a contender for something we should all try. I think a lot of people are calling it the 'Talent factory challenge'. I think to makie it a real challenge you would need to start unemployed with no rep and then once at a club follow the no signings mantra.

I tried 2 times so far, and failed both times. My ultimate challenge was (I named it the Aranycsapat Challenge):
Having a team with domestic players only (Hungary)
Winning the Champions League with a hungarian team
Winning the World Cup with Hungary
Getting one of my players to win the Golden Ball.

Not the hardes you've seen, but i would bet it's not the easiest either. I will try it again in FM14, and this time i won't stop till it's done :D

I tried 2 times so far, and failed both times. My ultimate challenge was (I named it the Aranycsapat Challenge):
Having a team with domestic players only (Hungary)
Winning the Champions League with a hungarian team
Winning the World Cup with Hungary
Getting one of my players to win the Golden Ball.

Not the hardes you've seen, but i would bet it's not the easiest either. I will try it again in FM14, and this time i won't stop till it's done :D

It should take you 30 seasons to accomplish all this

I think the San Marino challenge should make you list, and the varient of it where you use a Campionato Sammarinese side instead of the one in Italy, altough that might be classed as one of your obvious ones.

Trying to win the premiership with all 20 teams in it at the start of the game in one save, which if completed can extend to any that has made an appearance in it since the save began.

Brendn,

I think the 'no signings' challenge is definitely a contender for something we should all try. I think a lot of people are calling it the 'Talent factory challenge'. I think to makie it a real challenge you would need to start unemployed with no rep and then once at a club follow the no signings mantra.

Sod waiting for FM14, I'm gonna try this today on FM13. Great way to freshen up the game, especially if you start way down in the Conference North/South.

@apvmoreira: Most likely it will. Hope i'll have the patience for it, and the time.

Sod waiting for FM14, I'm gonna try this today on FM13. Great way to freshen up the game, especially if you start way down in the Conference North/South.

How you getting on?

You could do a 'Paolo Di Canio challenge' which means you have to overhaul your squad (for example, sign more than 15 new players) and still achieve relative success with the club.

I have been working on a Canadian challenge that's involves controlling both the National Team and one of the three Canadian MLS sides with the end goals being similar to the San Marino Challenge. MLS is a bit annoying at first, but it also shouldn't take as long to build up a solid national team.