POSSIBLE Corner Exploit. Testers Needed...

Hazza22299

Reaction score
Like last year it's a near post one and I seem to be scoring a tonne of goals from it. I'm in very early testing of it but I'd like others to try too.

Here it is on my 4-6-0:

52eae5835b5a4876de456bc.png

And on my 4-2-3-1:

0b182d4f273cdf311e1b0ca.png

My intention was to keep everyone (apart from scorer) AWAY from the near post to allow less chance of an opposition player heading it away. Simple stuff. It has only been very, very effective since the latest patch.

Here's a clip of it in action (I know it's against a rubbish team, it's kind of why I need testers):

[video=youtube;w6De4Ns4Wg0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6De4Ns4Wg0[/video]

As I said, it's a POSSIBLE exploit so I'd appreciate testers.

Setting multiple players to lurk:

This can be done by choosing one player to lurk (eg. LM) and then clicking on the player who plays on the other side (RM) and pressing "copy from" and then choose LM. Once copied, tick the attacking corner box saying "Lurk Outside Area" and both players should Lurk. I'm still figuring this out and I won't have FM with me for a couple of weeks so I can't go into much depth at the moment.

If this doesn't work try what Calamity posted

to start go into set pieces and set it like this
View attachment 293262

Then go into the player instructions screen like this :
View attachment 293263

Following that select the player you want to put lurk outside the area on and drag him to the DMC position
like this :
View attachment 293264
then drag him back to his original position like this:
View attachment 293265
you dont have to untick the box in attacking corners

repeat this process for all of the players you want to "lurk outside the area" leaving the "attack near post" player as he is.
you should then go back into your set pieces screen to check if it looks like :
View attachment 293266

All done.

Please vote on this thread if it's effective for you.

Last edited:
Do we need to have the right foot, right corner, or it does not matter?

I had some good results (11 corner goals in a season), but Vidic was the man. After he left, i've changed to the far post and only scored one (ferdinand).

Do we need to have the right foot, right corner, or it does not matter?

I had some good results (11 corner goals in a season), but Vidic was the man. After he left, i've changed to the far post and only scored one (ferdinand).

It doesn't matter really. Let me know how you get on.

How many goals a season are you scoring with this. I suppose anything over 10-15 or so would be considered an exploit and will probably have to be looked at, under that and it's just a decent corner tactic really.

How many goals a season are you scoring with this. I suppose anything over 10-15 or so would be considered an exploit and will probably have to be looked at, under that and it's just a decent corner tactic really.

As I said it's very early testing but so far about 1-2 EVERY game. I've also had Tactikzz saying last year's corner exploit is now working.

As I said it's very early testing but so far about 1-2 EVERY game. I've also had Tactikzz saying last year's corner exploit is now working.

That sounds somewhat exploity!

OK setting up and will holiday a season and let you know

Decided to test this in my reading save, Andreas Cornelius as the near post man, 193cm tall, 15 heading, 17 jumping 14 off the ball and composure.

Game 1 - 5 corners 0 goals
Game 2 - 6 corners 1 goal, which came from the attack ball from deep player.
Game 3 - 8 corners 0 goals

19 corners and 0 goals in three games.

I know three games isnt much but something exploity would probably have resulted in a couple goals I guess instead of none..

Decided to test this in my reading save, Andreas Cornelius as the near post man, 193cm tall, 15 heading, 17 jumping 14 off the ball and composure.

Game 1 - 5 corners 0 goals
Game 2 - 6 corners 1 goal, which came from the attack ball from deep player.
Game 3 - 8 corners 0 goals

19 corners and 0 goals in three games.

I know three games isnt much but something exploity would probably have resulted in a couple goals I guess instead of none..

Thanks for the feedback, I recommend you set attacking set pieces on match preparation.

Got a few people looking at this at work, but no one has seen an excessive amount of goals. Seems odd. Everyone's playing at different standards and I don't think anyone's seen more than 1 corner goal in the 6-10 games they have played with this on.

Personally, I only scored one, in 7 games. I am playing in the Icelandic second division though, where the quality of players and set piece takers is rather low. Someone playing as Stoke (who should really be good at set pieces) has also only scored 1, although only in 6 games. All have had match prep on attacking set peices.

I will have a look at it some more tomorrow.

Got a few people looking at this at work, but no one has seen an excessive amount of goals. Seems odd. Everyone's playing at different standards and I don't think anyone's seen more than 1 corner goal in the 6-10 games they have played with this on.

Personally, I only scored one, in 7 games. I am playing in the Icelandic second division though, where the quality of players and set piece takers is rather low. Someone playing as Stoke (who should really be good at set pieces) has also only scored 1, although only in 6 games. All have had match prep on attacking set peices.

I will have a look at it some more tomorrow.

Thanks for the feedback. I know that the old corner exploit still works, I posted a thread about it a while back on FM12. You can try this too:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-discussion/103143-how-add-corner-exploit.html

Tell me if you have problems creating it.

Ignore that pumpkinhead. All three tactics i have used the "exploit" as a test. so even when the *** man changed it would be the same. zero change here, actually scored less goals.