possible to increase data base size?

mattzey

Reaction score
i have got Huddersfield into the premier league in one of my saves and built a good squad. only problem is now i have just realized i didn't choose a normal/big size database. is there anyway to edit that and keep my current save. Also the German national team is in the game but you cant buy any players because there names are greyed out or something. why is this? thanks in advance

You can add new leagues in and that will increase the ammount of players, but can't change the DB size
and thats due to SI not having the license for germany, google how to make them playable and follow the instructions

I can't help you with the first one as Mullen19 suggested, you can add leagues to your game.

The second I can help you with. I had to try and remember the path but I just found out the path. Basically SI don't have the license for the German national side so they included a "fake" Germany. If you want to remove this, do the following.

Go to

C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/football manager 2012/data/db/1220/Inc

You will then find a folder named "all" now you can have a look inside but theres a file in the called fake. Basically this is the reason you can't see the proper players which is why sometimes its easy to sign Gotze if you offer Dortmund £100m for his first international goal or something because he will never get a call up.

If you want the proper national team, just delete the "all" folder inside Inc. You will have to start a new game for changes to take place.

And remember to choose the right database when starting a new game. 1220 is the latest database update that you will see inside the db folder. So when a new one is released, follow the same steps above but just choose the appropriate db.

Hope this helps!

Last edited: