bravo433

Reaction score
My 4-5-1 winger based tactics which were fine before the patch now fail.
Pre-patch wingers seemed to win games. Now I find them useless!

Started from scratch with a new narrow 4-3-1-2, minor tweaks, evolving nicely. Now doing better than pre-patch.

Packed midfield means possession is high and even though the philosophy is set to attacking the players do not get tired due to 65% possession every match.

The Advanced Playmaker (support) is getting about 8.5 rating per match (currently this is M. Ozil for me). This is the key position.

Stats (with Real Madrid):
------

Chances: 20-40
On Target: 10-20
Clear Cut: 5-10
Average Score: 4-0

STARTING TACTIC (brutal domination!)
===============

All settings default except...

Tackling = Aggressive
Philosophy = Attacking

-------AF-----DLF-------
-----(att)---(sup)------
------------------------
-----------AP-----------
---------(sup)----------
------------------------
----CM----BWM----B2B----
---(att)-(def)--(sup)---
------------------------
------------------------
--WB----CB----CB----WB--
(auto) (def)(def) (auto)
------------------------
-----------Gk-----------

HOLD THE LEAD (still a work in progress)
=============

All settings default except...

Tackling = Aggressive
Philosophy = Defensive

-------AF-----DLF-------
-----(att)---(sup)------
------------------------
-----------AP-----------
---------(sup)----------
------------------------
----CM----BWM----B2B----
---(att)-(def)--(sup)---
------------------------
------------------------
--FB----CB----CB----FB--
(auto) (def)(def) (auto)
------------------------
-----------Gk-----------

I'm not sure if aggressive tackling helps at all, I just like it (6)
I get loads of cards.

Once I have won a few titles I will change jobs and try these tactics out in the lower leagues with my favourate team Wrexham.

Also, transfer wise with this tactic you can sell all your wingers and have a much easier to manage squad.

TACTICS
(H)View attachment 319433

Last edited:
not sure why people are complaining about wingers not working.. my wingers pre-patch and latest patch have been unstoppable.. even with my other wingers like Weiss/Boudebouz/Aoudej and other lesser players, Hulk just signed in my 6th season...

View attachment 318819View attachment 318820View attachment 318821

also, where is the tactic mate? if you have uploaded it and waiting for a mod to approve it, send me the link..

also, post more info please regarding teamtalks/match prep/pitch size/actual screenshots of tactic, who you have used it for? results etc etc etc.....

I'm at work. I'll have to upload tactic later! To be honest everything you need to construct the tactic is above. All settings default except mentioned. Match prep I have on attacking movement.

I am in my 2nd season with Real and I am destroying all average teams approx 5-0 and beating teams such as Barce / Man City 2-0 or 3-1. There is the odd game where I get 40+ shot, but lose 1-0. Few and far between.

Playing in FM Classic mode so I have no team talks. No idea what pitch size is. Can't be bothered using shouts either, not my style.