Post Your Frustrations

My biggest annoyance with, it seems, both FM09 and FM10 is during the half-time team talks. Maybe its just me but giving the team, or even just a few players 'encouragement' at half-time seems to make them rebel against your tactics, forget how to play football and throw tantrums. It seems especially apparent if you are scraping a narrow win, say 1-0 or something. I've managed in various leagues with teams big and small and can almost guarantee that half-time 'encouragement' really means... 'throw the game, boys!'. Needless to say I've stopped 'encouraging'... Or maybe it really is just me!

Oh and it seems to happen no matter what patch is installed.

A bit annoying, I am Ivory Coast manager, I attended the Valencia game vs Real Madrid to watch Lacina Traore and Salomon Kalou (Traore - Valencia and Kalou - Real Madrid) and they both started on the bench and didn't even come on :(

Its annoying you cant just leave half way through the match

Actually, you can. <) At the "Match tactics" drop-down (I think), you can select "Leave match".

For God knows why my squad harmony has gone from very good to okay (42%). It's just typical that I've been smashing sides left right and centre (4-1 Juve, 2-1 Roma, 4-2 Milan, 4-1 Sampdoria, 6-1 and 5-0 Stuttgart) and now the squad harmony is ****. That's what ****** me off about FM the most, you cannot ever have good form without some bullshit happening to **** it up. Whether it's injuries, suspensions or bullshit like this where squad harmony just mysteriously blows up. I mean I'm winning nearly every game convincingly so what the **** can I even do to fix it?

Have been reading the thread, love some of the whinging. I think its great, I rage so hard at this game its not funny sometimes :)

Just joined up to post this clanger.

Playing a game at the moment as Middlesbrough. Got promoted and finished 2nd in the CC. Only won 5/30 this season with some pretty ordinary players I might add.

One thing that realllllllyy annoys the **** out of me is when the ref awards a penalty and several people complain leading to bookings. The little script text thing says 'that didnt look like a penalty' it comes to the press conference and you say 'abysmal decision' and then you still get a fine saying 'the referee's made the correct decision'.

UGH... also losing the game in the last 15 minutes ***** me to no end!

edit: OH! Also every day any one of the players will say '*** thinks the club is underachieving..' OK I GET IT... YOU SAID IT LIKE 30 TIMES ALREADY THIS SEASON.
Oh another thing is when a player has 4 people on top of him and he just dances left right left right around back the other way and through 4 people BAM top corner.... like come on.. that doesnt happen ><

><... 'He rounded 4 men before putting the ball in the back of the net!' SERIOUSLY!?:?!?$%

7 game streak now of conceeding in injury time in the first half... /sigh

Last edited:
I'm Cheltenham, second season, on course to reaching the Championship.

Chairman accepts average offer in January for leading goalscorer (Destro, only 19) from Swansea despite the player getting interest from La Liga teams. How unrealistic is that?

'Oh, I'll just completely disrupt our promotion challenge to get less money than the player would probably warrant at the end of the season.'

Edit: Oh and it's just happened to another one. Well, **** this save. Nice to see I finished '10 in the same mood I was in all year while playing it - ****** off.

Last edited:
Managing Schalke, have had 55-65% possession and 5-7 clear cut chances every match so far but have lost home to hannover to wolfsburg and hannover and tied at st. pauli. Don't know why huntelaar and Raul can't find the net

Having these two things happen me in consecutive games.. I always suffer a kind of second season syndrome with sunderland.. do well in my first and the team fall to bits in the second.

OMFG I ****ING HATE PORTO!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm in season four of my game with Sporting Lisbon. We were in first place for almost all of last season and fell apart at the end and slid down to third place. So this year was going to be the year. There was a slow start but I went from October to April without a loss. During that period, there was one draw, with Porto (who wins the league every single year in my FM games). We were winning 3-2, and though there were supposed to be 3 minutes of stoppage time, Porto scores at 93:44 to tie it. Since we won every game after that for the next few months and Porto lost one (by the way during this period I advanced out of a Champions League group with Real Madrid and AC Milan with several points to spare), we were level with them on points but had a much better goal differential and more goals scored, putting us in first.

Then for the second Porto match, on the road. We looked to have held them off (of course all my players played terribly), and then in the 81st minute, they get a corner. Apparently you're supposed to leave the opposing team's best player (Hulk) completely unmarked in the box. He received the cross, took a few touches, and put it in from 3 yards out. So now we're 3 points out without the tie breaker with 3 games to go (Porto has a few bottom dwellers left to play), so we lost the title. I've never won one in FM, but it is absolutely impossible because I always play in the Portugese league. Porto literally wins every single game, it's ridiculous. I'm sure I'll win my next three, which would leave me with 77 points. In 30 games. How can you get 77 points in a thirty game season and not win the league? It's absolutely ridiculous.

And of course much of this is due to Hulk. HULK IS EASILY THE MOST OVERRATED PLAYER IN THE HISTORY OF FM. He's a good striker, but NOT THAT GOOD. In my game he's the fourth best striker in the world, behind Aguero, Higuain, and Pato. 4 and a half stars, and all his important ratings are 17 and above. This season, IN 25 GAMES HE HAD 26 GOALS AND 11 ASSISTS...****ING RIDICULOUS!

Edit: Porto actually drew one of the games. Their next two at home were against the worst team in the league (already relegated) and the third worst. That team clinched their spot in the top league the next season, so neither put up a fight. We lost the title by one point. Hulk, for the second year in a row, had an average rating in the league of 8.27.

We play Benfica in the Portugese Cup. We already beat them in the League Cup but according to the board, that's a meaningless competition. Benfica has been in horrible form of late. They finished 13 points behind us in the league, and only one in front of fourth placed Braga (who choked right at the end). In their second to last game they lost 3-0 to a team in the lower half of the table. But of course, in the 41st minute, my defenders let Deco (who's 35 at this point) walk into the back of the net. I put the setting on overload for the whole second half and made all of my offensive substitutions, thinking we'd at least pull level. I was only shut out three times the whole season in all competitions (the last being the Porto game, before that, a 0-0 draw to Real Madrid, and before that, the season opener), but we couldn't get a goal. Joao Moutinho of course picked a great day to have the worst match of his life. Sometimes, I hate this game.

Last edited:
I play as napoli, 4-1-2-1-2 loosely based on Mourinho philosophy I was predicted to be 12th but I'm first (with some epic results like Inter-Napoli 0 - 3 or Juve-Napoli 1 - 4), the thing is even though I've got the best defence in the league I can do simply nothing against Crosses to long post(there's always someone unmarked who snatches an easy goal) or corner kicks when the opposition has tall players. Half of the goals I've conceded came from corners, and the remaining half mostly from crosses.
What's more yesterday i managed to draw against Juve which gave me nine points advantage over the second team (Fiorentina) but then I recalled I gotta go or I'll miss my train and accidentaly clicked exit without saving :(

So, I start with HJK of Finland, win the Veikkausliiga and get into the CL 2nd qualifying round. I advance to the group stages, where I finish third and get to the round of 32 of Europa League. I fight my way into the final, beating teams like Napoli, CSKA Moscow (3-0 and 4-0), Sevilla and Roma. In the final I get the good ol' mighty Liverpool. 1-1 after 90 minutes, nothing happens in extra time and we head for penalties and I win 5-4. After the match I of course press the continue button and then the game politely crashes and informs me of a crash dump being created. WHAT THE FU-BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.

I of course load the previous save, sim the match and eventually get a 3-1 win.

Just had a player sent off after 6 minutes for diving twice!

(don't think there is a frustrations thread for FM11, so posted in here)

so there is a bug in the “sign only one non-EU player per season” in serie a games. i singed an ecuadorian in january and that was my only non-EU signing. then, in the summer i go to sign Neymar and it says ive already signed one non-EU player already, but i havent. apparently it goes by calender year, and so i will be out a striker for the first half of the season. these people have the same problem http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/235656-Possible-Bug-in-Serie-A what should i do? can a patch fix it or is it too late now that ive started the save?

Ever had a beat as bad as this?

badbeat.png

What's worse is that I was in a terrific run of form, and after this game I lost all momentum, went from 1st to 5th. But this was the worse beat I've ever had, anyone had anything similar or worse?

(BTW bought Gourcuff in January, once he got used to how we play turned my season right around came 2nd in the league to Chelsea, but they did have a massive 90 points...)

Last edited:
trouble with football manager 10

Hi

I have just purchased the football manager 10 brand new i have inserted the disc and done the installation using stream on line im a bit thick with computers can you tell me how i start the game?

When I use any skin that I download from this site, I have a problem with background "watermark" of the logo, being NOT SHOWING? Is it something that it needs to be tweaked or? Please help!!!!!!!!
See pics
Attached Thumbnails