Post Your Successes

Lee

Administrator
Reaction score
Hopefully this thread will reduce the number of threads and give people a little place to share some of their successes with FM. Please try and not to spam it though, particularly those of you who like to go off-topic and pretend like you're on MSN.

Just signed an awesome new player? Won the league? Managed to survive relegation? etc..

started in demo with benfica, bought belletti for 1M and Jorge Andrade on a free transfer and sold moreira for 3,2M to inter... i had a great season, won the league with score 26W-1D-3L, 10 points more than porto, and i also won the portugese cup, lost in the 2nd knockout phase of euroleague from inter. in the second season i bought buonanotte 10M naldo 14M andrej kramaric 925k and milan badelj 1,1M and sold yebda,balboa,sepsi,martins,marcel,amorim,patric all together for 14,25M, and now i got score 8-1-0 in league. the best part is attack, cardozo scores more than 1 goal a game in league, saviola works great with him in attack and keirison and nuno gomes always fill in when needed! great team, great players and great manager :)))

My striker scored after 20 hours without a goal. Was a match winning 25-yard curler too.(H)

Just wont my Championship Tittle with Newcastle 4 games left.
Loan Danny simpson from Man Utd played 23 games with 2 assist with average rating of 6.78, another loan is Iker Muniain from Athletic making 6 apps for me scoring 2goals with average rating of 6.98.
Signed Henri Camara and Ebi Smolarek on free transfer, Ebi score 25goals, 6Asst and 7MOM in 30apps with Rating of 7.29 (Not bad for a free agent)

It tooks awhile for me to find the right tactics and at 1 point im enjoying 7 winning streak.

Looking forward for Premier League =)

im 12 game sinto my season as chelsea un beaten and my biggest success atm is coming back from 2-0 after 60 mins against Inter Milan to win 3-2. i no it is nothing really but i was like YEAH!!!!!! lol

my highlights of my sunderland save! :)

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

my screenshots didnt work so i will just tell you my highlights :)
well im managing sunderland and without using fmrte or any of those things i beat arsenal at home, liverpool away and burnley 6-1 with bent scoring 5 and getting a match rating of 9.9!
:D

I only got the game this afternoon and this is my first save... easily a massive success in my eyes.
Btw, this was a UCL Qualifier :D

Signing Vukcevic for 2.5M. That's a success if I've ever had one!

LFC Season 1

I started with Liverpool (as I always do in each version) to see just what I could do with this game. The tactics took me a few early games to learn so I started with a few draws in the League.

In the first transfer window I decided that with Agger, Skrtel and Aquilani out injured (and the departure of Alonso), I would need a centre-back and a couple of midfielders to shore things up.

I went looking for quality on the transfer list and targetted immediately targetted Gabriel Milito and Raphael Van der Vaart. After a protracted saga I got Milito for £4.6m (afer awaiting his injury to go from red to orange for him to pass the medical), Van der Vaart for £7.3m, Camacho for £5m and Balotelli for £21m. (last day of window and a panic buy as I felt I needed another striker! haha). Luckily the board had actually agreed for my request for more transfer funds straight away and this left me with £3m and change to buy in a couple of youngsters that hopefully will either make me a good profit or become a good player for me over the next few years.

- After a slow start I ended up with the Invincible! achievement (bought the dvd but installed over steam) for never getting beaten over the whole league season. There were some dodgy games where we rode our luck and some where I seemed to change tactics every 5-10 minutes just to get us back into games. After a lengthy tussle with Chelsea for the summit, I won the Premiership by 10 points (Chelsea and Man City gave me major problems though and all four games were draws as was my last minute equaliser from Agger's free-kick away to Burnley!).

- The League Cup final was us against Chelsea and I needed Benayoun to slot home penalty 7 to secure victory, FA Cup glory followed against Everton 1-0 (Balotelli after 2 minutes).

- Finally in the Champions League final against Lyon (who had beaten Real Madrid 6-2 in the semi-finals - we put out Chelsea again on away goals!) VDV and Gerrard scored either side of half-time to round off a near-perfect season.

With a lot of cash in the bank and the sale of many squad players behind me I am currently revamping the squad for the new year. I have signed Robert Enke on a bosman as back up to Reina and invested £13m in Ribery to replace/improve the departed Kuyt and Benayoun. I am switching from defensive 451 tactics to more offensive 343 ones for this season in an attempt to turn nervy draws into comfortable wins (Agger, Carragher and Milito chosen over Insua, Johnson and one of the three on the bench!).

I am hoping for some similar success this season coming and will try to check back in to let you all know where this game goes in the future!

Cheers,
Chris

Got promoted with Leeds. And Beckford scoring 42 goals in 46 games :)

Just finished first season with Sunderland and finished in 4th on final day of season beating Liverpool 2-1.

beat arsenal 6-0 wiht newcastle
sorry about my post thing :)

My best EPL game so far...getting used to the engine.
I use 3 different tactics so please dont ask...for this match i used 4-4-2

My players are totally kicking rear at the moment.Check out Gerrard's stats and the amount of League goals Liverpool have scored: :D

hi all i started down and out with mk dons! half the season gone , top of the league 4 points clear, signed neil mellor for 50k 15 goals in 18 games!!!! also got matt holland on a free for experience in midfiels as well as van der mayde! loaned in vas te from bolton as well as hoyte from arsenal and a two young defenders, chamionship here we come lol!

i got to the 4th round of the FA Cup with AFC Wimbledon on FM09

---------- Post added at 07:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 AM ----------

i beat Huddersfield in the 3rd Round

---------- Post added at 07:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 AM ----------

then I lost to Man Utd in the Fourth Round 4-0

i beat reading 8 nil with newcastle in 2nd game of season but then finsihed 5th but won play offs lol i feel like i shouldnt be in the prem as i wasnt even near auto promotion

---------- Post added at 07:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 AM ----------

Doing shockingly badly with Cambridge City but have signed Pavol Suhaj who has been immense for me:
View attachment 14755
how the **** u afford to spend £12m with newcastle :eek: lol i got taken over and promoted and only got 2mil transfer kitty :(