• Thread starter Thread starter Frank
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 50
  • Views Views 3K

Frank

Hobbs
Reaction score
Hello

Just wondering, will the postal strike effect the delivery of my FootballManager off Zavvi. I know there is expected delays, but sometimes sites like Zavvi and Play dispatch games early. For example, my friends got CoD WaW 3 days early from Play.

Anyone got any thoughts or know anything?

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

Anything?

Yh I'd like to know this aswell. I ordered mine from Zavvi. I'm hoping that I don't have to wait too long if it is going to be delayed.

I ordered mine off Amazon but I'm not sure if that makes a difference with regards to different postage to Zavvi?

The Postal Strike has prevented me from pre-ordering this and Modern Warfare 2. I'm just going to go pick them up at a shop.

Yeah it was very cheap. It will probably affect some people more than others depending on where you live.

I can imagine. I just couldn't be asked to sign up.

Besides I think there's an issue with my bank because when I pre-ordered FIFA the transaction wasn't allowed by my bank.

Hopefully it wont effect it by much. If it does fingers crossed it's only a day late.

I will be going into the wee shop trying to get this from Monday. Will be more like Wednesday when i get it but still....good luck everyone else. The strike is over for the moment however there is now a two day backlog.

game are working with postal companys to ensure that players get fm10 on release day.

have you guys heard what this one is about?

it is because they want to be paid for a full hour of over time if they clock out 10 minutes into the hour.

well thats what my friend at royal mail told me.

It's about pay and bad working conditions. If i am honest in this climate nobody should be striking and rather being grateful they are in a job. Royal Mail set up 30k temp jobs and 200k people went in for them. Don't think they will have any trouble keeping business going.

Play.com and Zavvi and Amazon etc, are all using alternative mail deliveries, for example Amazon are using City Link I think, so you should all get your games on time ::)

It's about pay and bad working conditions. If i am honest in this climate nobody should be striking and rather being grateful they are in a job. Royal Mail set up 30k temp jobs and 200k people went in for them. Don't think they will have any trouble keeping business going.

My dad is postman and it is about payment. They excpect them to do a 5 hour round in 3 and half hours and only get paid for the 3 and a half hours rather than the 5. They also give them heavier bags which is not good for your health and back really so I feel they are right to strike.

Plus I think my dad can get our mail straight away :P

I am justgoing to the shops to get it. And MW2 is payed for. Tekken and FM10 in one day, looks like I'll be multi-tasking from Friday onwards.

My dad is postman and it is about payment. They excpect them to do a 5 hour round in 3 and half hours and only get paid for the 3 and a half hours rather than the 5. They also give them heavier bags which is not good for your health and back really so I feel they are right to strike.

Plus I think my dad can get our mail straight away :P

Your Dad can't get your Mail straight away because it needs to be flown and driven to his sorting office. If they are all on strike then nobody gets their mail including you. I think Strikes are important and they have helped to get the best party in Britain to power in the past but I don't think unions should have too much power or it'll be like the 80s again. Public services should never strike. Can you imagine if all the public services went on strike? Everybody would have no education, health care or post and the country would turn into an unruly mob. Thank God there are rules in place to take some power away from the unions.

I've pre-ordered FM10 from play.com mainly because they've said they are using alternative postal deliveries, I'll probably get MW2 online because by the time I get to the shops all the copies of the game will be gone

I've pre-ordered from Zavvi because of their bargain price.

i brought mine from steam and got an ace free game. only 24.99. not bad. I ordered 6 months beforre release

Back