Postal Strike

• Thread starter Thread starter Frank
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 50
  • Views Views 3K
Your Dad can't get your Mail straight away because it needs to be flown and driven to his sorting office. If they are all on strike then nobody gets their mail including you. I think Strikes are important and they have helped to get the best party in Britain to power in the past but I don't think unions should have too much power or it'll be like the 80s again. Public services should never strike. Can you imagine if all the public services went on strike? Everybody would have no education, health care or post and the country would turn into an unruly mob. Thank God there are rules in place to take some power away from the unions.

If it arrives on the thurday and the they strike on the friday then he can go in can get, did that when the striked this week so....

Why do they always strike when I order things :(

My dad is postman and it is about payment. They excpect them to do a 5 hour round in 3 and half hours and only get paid for the 3 and a half hours rather than the 5. They also give them heavier bags which is not good for your health and back really so I feel they are right to strike.

Plus I think my dad can get our mail straight away :P

I am not saying the strike is not merrited i was just trying to say it's the wrong time to strike about anything.

Play.com and Zavvi and Amazon etc, are all using alternative mail deliveries, for example Amazon are using City Link I think, so you should all get your games on time ::)

God hope that's true.

God hope that's true.
Yeah Amazon and Play definetly are because my mate got a game delivered by City Link on Friday from Play and Amazon have already announced they are using alternatives, not sure about Zavvi though :(

Zavvi are using Royal Mail.

On another note i will have the game either tomorrow or Wednesday :)

Zavvi are using Royal Mail.

On another note i will have the game either tomorrow or Wednesday :)
Cheers Kris, and good thing I used play.com to order my game then :)

Technically Zavvi have to send the game for day of release. If that means they have to send it early then so be it.. Right? Please say I'm right :P

Otherwise I'm suing!

I am now hopefully reaping the benefits of Amazon, fingers crossed :P

im just going into town on friday to get the game

OK lets clear a couple of things up

im a postman in kent
there is no deal with play for definite delivery on friday
strikes are not over
in fact 3 days from thursday for definite
also these strikes look like carrying on for a number of weeks
me pesonally will get my *** to game on friday lol

Back