PA can't decline. It's the maximum possible ability that player can reach, the player might not reach it but that doesn't mean it can decline.

Sorry, but just saying, your wrong and thats it, isn't really answering me is it u monkey!

You are wrong, though. PA doesn't change throughout the game. A coaches opinion will change depending on who else is in your squad/ their form and the other players form.

I dont think it is entirely true that PA doesn't change. I've never noticed it before in any other version of fm but in this one, particularly if a player in his late 20's gets injured his PA does seem to decline.

I lost Cabaye in a Newcastle game for 3 months and according to my *** man, who had 20 for both judging PA and CA, his PA was 4 stars before he got injured and when i checked him on his return from injury this had gone down to 2.5 stars. And this was definitely PA because his CA was 4 stars also and that went down with it. He was only 28 at the time i couldn't believe it.

I brought him back into the side and managed to get CA & PA back up to 3 stars but no more. I have noticed it with a lot of other players too.

PA definitely does change in-game!!!

During and just right after his injurie, your *** man thought that he would be less likely to reach his preset and fixated potential ability number. As he seemd to progress really well after getting back after the injurie, not missing too much development, the *** man again changed his mind and regarded him as a hot prospect again.

i was correcting my self IT IS ABOUT POTENTIAL RATING NOT THE PA. sorry about the first mistake.

anyone something useful pls?

But it has been explained in the thread already, what the star ratiung actually means and on what grounds the scouts/*** man rates the players. This is unless you mean the third thing, the Current Ability ??

Well Crane, I can take ****!!!!

Post ever so slightly edited by me/TBH

Last edited by a moderator:
we have curent ability, potential ability and curent rating and potential rating. so i do an example
i bougt one goal keeper with CA 108 and PA 186 and corespondant to this is Curent rating of 59% and potential rating of 83%. after 2 month of hard training CA still 108 PA of coruse unchanged at 186 CR at 59% but the Potential rating already at 81,5% instead of 83%. now u understand my problem? what is the nature of the PR dropped?

we have curent ability, potential ability and curent rating and potential rating. so i do an example
i bougt one goal keeper with CA 108 and PA 186 and corespondant to this is Curent rating of 59% and potential rating of 83%. after 2 month of hard training CA still 108 PA of coruse unchanged at 186 CR at 59% but the Potential rating already at 81,5% instead of 83%. now u understand my problem? what is the nature of the PR dropped?

These percentage numbers you are speaking of, I have no idea where you get these from
. If its from à cheating program, then it would not worry too much. If the player has failed to improve, then the program just says that he is less likely to reach his potential.

Last edited:
they are from fmrte. and most of the cases are good :d

Last edited:
PA went from 178 to 102

Once you've started a game, PA doesn't change. Fact.

i bought a player that was generated by the game with CA at around 80 and PA at 178.
after i finished the season, i went to see how much he had progressed and he had CA at 92 and PA at 102!
how is this possible?
i thought maybe i had been blind or something so i loaded an earlier save file and he was back with PA to 178.
:S