Reaction score
Hi all- when a scout compiles a report on a young player, he takes an estimated guess on the players potential rating. If it's possible, I'd be interested to know what 'he' bases his assessment on and whether it is time specific.

For example, at the beginning of the game, Mbaye Niang tends to get a four star potential rating- leveling Wayne Rooney's current ability. For that, you have to think about gambling 4odd million on him, tie him down to a long-term contract, take a 30odd million profit from him in the long term and get a few goals out in the process.
What I want to know, with the game being so subjective in terms of how things pan out, is what makes the scout give him 4 stars in the first place and when that level of ability can be reached.

My guess is that it shows the ultimate level of ability he will get to in the scouts opinion, irrespective of the time it takes but surely the two things are linked? E.g. You can't be a 4 star player when you are 35?

I don't know if I've made myself clear enough but either way I'd be interested to know more about the deeper implications of a players potential ability.

Thanks.

scouting should be based on the players PA...

120-140 good player 3 stars
141-160 - 3.5 stars
161-180 4 stars
180 plus, anything above 4 stars!

how do you find what number PA a player is? ive only vaguely seen people talking about ca and pa on this forum but i dont know what site they use to get it/where you can find the info on the game. might google it

how do you find what number PA a player is? ive only vaguely seen people talking about ca and pa on this forum but i dont know what site they use to get it/where you can find the info on the game. might google it

Genie Scout or other such programs. Which sort of ruins the fun of trying to find new youngsters yourself in the game.

Relate the stats of the player and the scout reports. It uses the basis of the report on the level of your club and players in it.

So if a player is four star and your now managing Blackburn, he won't be a four star player for say Chelsea. Because what a four star players is to one club is different to another except for teams that are close like the Manchester clubs etc.

Genie scout tells you the specific PA a player CAN reach not will def reach. It depends on his career and playing etc. base your judgement on the stats and the report for the club you are.

In other words is he better or as good as who you have now. Will you keep him and play him to reach his potential.

This is why a lot of people dont pay big money for transfers because In the long run is it worth it if they aren't first team players. doing it this way stops you wasting loads of money on average players. Genie scout is just a number against the player and you don't really need it.

In my game...the scouts opinion is based on your training grounds, the team you manage (as in fitting in with your tactic and average team rating, you would not invest in a 1.5 start player for Real Madrid...) but also to reach that rating, you have to bring the youth through the process of playing as a youth and becoming a first team player. Raikan has a guide for this somewhere, go find it but basically letting him play in U18 and perhaps be available for reserves, provide good training steps, loan out the player to a club that will play him and foremost move him to first team so he gets first team training and gametime with first team. Again, check our Raikan's guide. I would say 6 times out of 10 the potential rating is right on target for my youth and to buy a player with a 4 star potential for £800K at age 16 and at age 21 he is worth £30M, I would say that is a good investment and a player that moved from youth to first team by the book :)

never use those tools, such a waste.. I have never even used the editor and I have made a rule that no posting of CA or PA's are allowed, if they are, they need to be spoilered so people can decide if they want to see the values!

but it is your game, play it how you will :)

In my game...the scouts opinion is based on your training grounds, the team you manage (as in fitting in with your tactic and average team rating, you would not invest in a 1.5 start player for Real Madrid...) but also to reach that rating, you have to bring the youth through the process of playing as a youth and becoming a first team player. Raikan has a guide for this somewhere, go find it but basically letting him play in U18 and perhaps be available for reserves, provide good training steps, loan out the player to a club that will play him and foremost move him to first team so he gets first team training and gametime with first team. Again, check our Raikan's guide. I would say 6 times out of 10 the potential rating is right on target for my youth and to buy a player with a 4 star potential for £800K at age 16 and at age 21 he is worth £30M, I would say that is a good investment and a player that moved from youth to first team by the book :)

Pretty much what I already put. The last part about youth development is far more involved than just a scout report thou. The first look at any player should be his stats and then the report. Regardless of age.

I've had some four star PA player from reports at 16 who have all the stats below 10. It's just not gonna happen they won't be a four ate player at all.

Last edited:
Of course you look at the stats but we will see, give me 4 more seasons, around 2020 and we will see how my youth develops but right now with average stats I have 5 youth developments in first team and when playing in the first team that is "for my team" when the stats start booming!

Yeah playing them in your own team helps etc. but the amount of youth players I have had are 3-4 star PA that are just rubbish is far more than are good.
The bottom line is that to make your own youth reach the pA means a lot of effort and time, if you don't put it in you won't get the player they should be.

yeah i kinda think knowing about how different players turn out too much would be pretty boring, was just interested in what the thinking process is behind the scout/coach reports really. but i agree to know exactly how good players can turn out would defeat the purpose of playing the game in a way. cheers peeps :)